Wack Things in Taiwan 2018

Probably an engineer? Doing a project on new kind of road surfaces.

Could have been, but he was dressed like a regular betel nut chewer.

Was he like digging a hole or something? Or standing by significantly watching people dig a hole?

I think a lot of Foreigners here dress like that, but I just hate shorts and flip-flops :yum:

1 Like

They were digging up the road and repaving it, but seemed to be on break. Taiwanese guys sitting down, he was standing and chatting to them.

You’ll never know what’s out there to bite you!

1 Like

He’s not going to wear a three-piece suit on the job.

Does Taiwan hire a lot of furriners to direct road paving job sites? Especially in Taoyuan?

Pet peeve of mine, especially because most of local girlfriends/wives are naturally pretty, look nice and clean…while the foreigner next to them looks like a rescued stray after a flood mixed with a touch of hobo. Come on guys, step up!

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, did you hear his accent and that’s how you knew he was 'Murican?

No, he just looked like one. Could have been Canadian.

Ouch

It’s on purpose Icon…The ladies don’t want us to look too good!

I feel violated
An older guy (likely with some mental condition) approached me on the street, asked my where I’m from, shook my hand and without warning fondled my nipple while giving a sly grin

Eeww. You should have come back with a very painful nipple twister…or a knee to the balls.

1 Like

Shake with one hand, nipple fondle with the other? Sly

1 Like

Try to not walk shirtless in future. Some ppl can’t hold themselves at a sight of a nice nipple.
You can ask @Dr_Milker and their exposed breasts…

Tell me about it. I keep a bottle of Windex handy to wipe off all the fingerprints.

A mildly whacky thing about Taiwan is that when you’re standing at a urinal in a public restroom, a tong-wielding auntie is liable to walk in, sidle up and tack a squiz at your biz. I’ve asked Taiwanese people about this and they find it amusing that I’d be embarrassed by the presence of a woman in the men’s restroom. They explained to me that restroom aunties are naturally curious about —and i quote — 进口香肠 (imported sausage), with the implication that it’d be unchivalrous and even culturally insensitive of me not to oblige them… When in Rome…

In Japanese hot springs, the cleaning staff aunties would walk into bathing areas full of naked dudes. Never saw them come my way to take a peek tho. Guys on the other hand…