Wack Things in Taiwan 2018

Talking about weird stuff:

I’m not making this up, a toilet flushing test is done with MISO, yes the Japanese stuff.

miso%20flush%20test

So yes, flush the paper!

I wish people had more of a two-lane understanding of crosswalks. I’m always playing chicken with someone.

I hate this shit too. I hate it when I’m caught behind someone who ambles aimlessly around the sidewalk so they stay blocking my path no matter which way I try to maneuver around them. What are you, drunk?

Slow and inefficient walkers are irritating worldwide, though.

Many people here have no spatial awareness!

Future negligent homicide.

20181018_112628

Some temple offerings will fix that.

It election time. You can tell because of all the billboards with weedy men in glasses striking their best action man poses.

2 Likes

Checking out old ladies’ breasts. :no_no:

You sick fuck.

2 Likes

Toaster instructions at hotel.

1. first roast toast
  2. add jam

3 Likes

Isn’t it weird that the Taiwanese local election campaign is as long/longer than the presidential campaign in the US.

And the more noise you make the more votes! Or so they think. Idiots!

Yeah. They take over the local parks regularly, make a lot of ineffectual brouhaha and only succeed in terrorising our dog.

Adults here are very content to sit in chairs clearly designed for children.

1 Like

and the campaign strategy is to stand at the side of the road waving at everyone and grinning inanely day after day, week after week.

1 Like

Election season. I point this out every time. Local election candidates standing at busy intersections during morning rush hour to wave to their potential voters. What’s the point of doing that?

Instead, how about doing what good candidates do? Announce that you will be at a local park or community center one day and listen to the needs of the people in your community.

2 Likes

Are you thinking about those small chairs in shops and noodle stands? I think this is quite deliberate as they are intended to be just uncomfortable enough to get you to move on without delay—a key part of the business plan!

Guy

On chairs, like the tiny stools in some restaurants. They are mostly little people that don’t mind, but people squat all the time, when smoking, washing dishes on the street … so sitting on a tiny stool is a luxury!

Delete. Realized I was whack.

A couple weekends ago one candidate held a concert in a local park. He got a couple of other professional musicians together and played the clarinet for his constituents. I thought that was really quaint.

Oh, I forgot I should be talking about whack things.

There’s one particularly silly pink and white volkswagen van for a female candidate that makes its rounds in my neighborhood playing her recording just about every day. I got a good look at it today and the headlights had eyelashes. Wish I could’ve gotten a photo.

1 Like