Wack Things in Taiwan 2018

Sorry for being pedantic, but as a car guy I have to point out that those are not real VWs. It’s either a Subaru or a CMC Veryca (same as the small blue trucks) with a body kit made in the R.O.C. (Republic of Copy).

Stop forcing your haorks on me Taiwan! These little half-forks are idiotic when eating cake. Half of mine ends up falling off the plate. Wish they were banned.

20181020_205043

3 Likes

Good for olives, bad for cake.

Old Taiwan men in gym daily can’t seem to find the used towel spot and instead leave towels everywhere. Chabuduo.

20181021_145118

2 Likes

This looks like a super nice gym.
When i asked if they provide towels at my gym they laughed at me.

I don’t have the stomach to use the towels provided by a gym, no matter how nice… :confounded:

First and foremost, people spelling the word ‘wack’ incorrectly.

3 Likes

220px-Wacknessposter

1 Like

Old Taiwanese people speaking Mandarin in a normal tone but suddenly changing to a very loud one when speaking in English. I guess they don’t know all the work the buxibans are having to educate the generation in English :joy:

I mean, you want to be proud for speaking in English to the point of disturbing a whole hotel lobby? If at least it was a weird no-one-speaks language

1 Like

Whhhahaaat. What’s wrong with gym towels?

I used to live/go to the gym in the gay part of Vancouver and dudes would use the gym towels to mop up after some steamy steam room sessions. Other than that I’ve never thought gym towels to be that gross.

Well, women have to be a bit more careful in general about towels that don’t belong to us. It’s easier for us to get infections in certain sensitive areas.

1 Like

YIKES!
one more point for team men

Or when on the phone

1 Like

Also saying no , no , no very loudly.

Delete

I really want to know the name of this gym. Looks very nice.

1 Like

Gym at Shangri-la hotel Taipei. Memberships available.

2 Likes

I know it’s Halloween, but I still can’t stand seeing those iris-embiggening circle lenses. Freaky.

technically this is also a whack thing in greater East Asia though, not specific to Taiwan.

Guy at the urinal beside me, piss dribbling everywhere while using his phone 2 handed.

Young guys sitting on the metro engrossed in their phones while clearly tired out women stand. Get the f*** up, son.

It is whack that I post way less on a taiwancentric forum when actually in TW…