Wack Things in Taiwan 2018

Thank you! On a forum polluted by English teachers we should at least spell the major threads correctly.

1 Like

I fixed it for you.
Otherwise what’s the point of regular status :smile:.

1 Like

I didn’t know you could change a title if you were regular. I need more fiber in my diet.

1 Like

Breakfast healthy, clean, not dirt cheap, no customers.

Breakfast unhealthy, oily, dirty, dirt cheap, long line of customers.

20181120_090506

20181120_093808

2 Likes

Rich guy wearing undergarments serving his ‘famous’ breakfast!

kakalovecafe. Kaka?

they are competing with starbucks. and seem to be pretty successful from the fact that all the stores near me are constantly full. why do u say its a budget starbucks? i don’t find starbucks here to be a premium cafe, even though they charge for it. i think louisa needs to up their game on some menu items though. particularly food. i got a beef toasted sandwich once and the beef was a hamburger… thats unbelievably lame.

the stores vary in quality though. theres 7 stores within a ten mins walk of me. most of them are too small. only 2 have a good layout. the one thats quiet enough to go to has bitchy staff. and the 2 that are big enough are constantly packed.

Looks good, where is it ? :grin:

1 Like

What exactly is your reference for the one being healthy and the other not?

I honestly don’t eat at Starbucks, and I don’t really eat at Louisa very often either, so perhaps it wasn’t the most accurate way to describe it. That’s just what it seems like to me, since it’s essentially a cheaper version of the same concept.

I’m not a pastry person and Taiwanese “sandwiches” are usually a letdown. I just get my cheapo coffee at 7, or a tea at Ten Ren if I’m feeling fancy. Don’t count on me for accurate cafe reviews!

Well one focuses on healthy meals with quality fresh ingredients like vegetables, breads, etc. prepared in hygienic conditions. The other, not so much, and I’m highly confident the main focus is getting the cheapest (therefore probably low quality) ingredients in order to keep the price down and the customers up, which is a sensible business plan.

But hey, opinions on healthy food differ.

its cheaper yes, but thats deliberate. what makes starbucks worth the money here? nothing, its the name only. louisas quality might be slightly lower(some menu items are iffy but most are pretty good) though i don’t think its fair to call it a budget version. i agree the sandwiches here always let me down. louisa sandwiches fit into that catergory. although i guess taiwanese disagree with our opinion.

taiwanese brekfast isn’t the healthiest but its pretty tasty. i would be lining up to if i woke up early enough.

I still don’t get how Resto A’s breakfast is healthier than Resto B.

Seasoned poop can be tasty.

i don’t understand the hate on this one.

opinion

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
1 Like

Title of this thread has been corrected to Wack Things in Taiwan 2018. No more changes please

2 Likes

20 posts were split to a new topic: Wack or whack