What am I really drinking?

At the Family Marts here, you can get a cup of ice. It’s great to go with that Coke you got. Anyway…

On the cup, it says the following. I’m curious to know what it means:

“Porphyries Andesite and 100% Reverse Osmosis.”

What the heck is that?

It appears to be a type of volcanic earth used in the early stages of filtering that water product. Or so they want you to believe.

answers.com/main/ntquery?s=P … ite&gwp=13

Speaking of drinking and convenience stores, 7-Eleven has it’s 15% off Taiwan Beer promotion going again.
It’s a lovely day for drinking and I’m getting stuck in; the more you drink, the more you save!

Cheers :beer:

[quote=“almas john”]Speaking of drinking and convenience stores, 7-Eleven has it’s 15% off Taiwan Beer promotion going again.
It’s a lovely day for drinking and I’m getting stuck in; the more you drink, the more you save!

Cheers :beer:[/quote]

That’s probably still more than you pay for the same product in one of those hypermarkets. The price difference is really mind-botteling (he he, I just heard Will Ferrell use that term in “Blades of Glory”; “you know, it’s bottling up your mind”). Pure genius!

Oh Happy Day!

Although the pricing at ‘the gov’t’ store is already NT$40 & NT$45 per brown & green respectively…which is quite a bargain.

Hannes wrote: [quote]That’s probably still more than you pay for the same product in one of those hypermarkets.[/quote]

TC wrote: [quote]Although the pricing at ‘the gov’t’ store is already NT$40 & NT$45 per brown & green already…which is quite a bargain.[/quote]

Well, it’s surprising how expensive beer is at supermarkets here. Take a 500ml can of TB for example: most supermarkets sell it for NT$37 compared to NT$41 at convenience stores. With a 15% discount that 41 becomes a very reasonable NT$35.

When it comes to the grog, I don’t have much will power so I can’t keep crates of the stuff at my place. I have to buy on a need to drink basis. No stockpiling except for typhoons.

Taiwan:

Greatest place to ask an educated question and end up discussing beer prices. I love it. :smiley:

[quote=“Puppet”]At the Family Marts here, you can get a cup of ice. It’s great to go with that Coke you got. Anyway…

What the heck is that?[/quote]
It sounds like a water purification system. Porphyries Andesite is the filter. It’s like activated charcoal. Reverse osmosis is the process of how they force the water through the filter.

Well, when it comes to beer, fresh is better!

[quote=“Puppet”]At the Family Marts here, you can get a cup of ice. It’s great to go with that Coke you got. Anyway…

You’re drinking Coke and you’re worried about the ice? Nothing in the known world will rot your insides more than Coke does.

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“Puppet”]At the Family Marts here, you can get a cup of ice. It’s great to go with that Coke you got. Anyway…

You’re drinking Coke and you’re worried about the ice? Nothing in the known world will rot your insides more than Coke does.[/quote]

Not worried about it. Just was wondering what it meant, really. I’m great with Theology terms and Montessori crap, but have no clue when I come across a science-sounding word.

I didn’t realize Coke rots your insides. I thought it pulverizes them while rotting your teeth. I might be wrong, though.