What are adult KTVs like in Taiwan?

Taichung style

2 Likes

Police come in to KTV sometimes and check customers for drugs, etc. They bring the staff out of the rooms so can check customers and don’t really check employees for anything. But they also may check the staff for legal age or legal work permit. They do not check for prostitution which only really comes into play if it’s an illegal worker or underage worker or breaking some other law.

When you see pictures or videos or news reports like this, the staff is just being moved out of the rooms so they can check the customers, but these pictures get the most attention. Unless there are illegal employees like foreigners or underage staff.

It’s similar if you’re in a regular pub or bar or something and the police come in sometimes turn the lights on and shut off the music and check IDs and things.

The KTVs for girls with male staff work the same.

1 Like

Back in the day, early 2000s, the police would go to nightclubs, shut everything down, take everyone in police vans down to the station and force everyone to provide a urine sample. Couldn’t leave until you did. No probable cause necessary.

I met a guy who had arrived in Taiwan less than 40 days who had gotten caught up in one of these dragnets. He claimed that he hadn’t done any drugs in Taiwan, but had smoked cannabis just before he left the US. He popped positive on the urine test, got fined and had to do the drug rehab jail thingy. He was married to a Taiwanese, so two weeks of “rehab” was ordered.

I believe the Council Of The Grand Justices have ruled that the police can’t do this type of “fishing expedition” without probable cause now.

5 Likes

At those ktvs?

Pretty in pink

Honestly there are girls who work in ktvs that are not loose and there are those who don’t work in ktvs that ARE loose as a caboose

And we have affection for them too

1 Like

Maybe some of the covid free safest places in Taiwan these days.

Restaurants and convenience stores and shopping malls don’t even take these precautions or this strict.

2 Likes

requiring all customers attending “special entertainment facilities”

the country’s special entertainment facilities

special beauty parlors

special coffee shops

only those with negative results can continue to provide services

There’s a lot of euphemism in that article…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Creepy photo, especially as you haven’t shown their vaccine certificates. :scream:

5 Likes

What difference does being triple vaxxed make? Weird.

When you don’t know simple biology and still use the term “loose”.

Aren’t all KTV adult one?

You really need to buy a ticket for the euphemism express.

Why is it every single outbreak their first act is to crackdown on the whorehouses? It’s almost like a movie I once saw where the police chief says to round up the usual suspects….

3 Likes

is that what the kids are calling them now :wink:

Wait, what??

Curious, anyone have details of this.

Just about anything could be called a coffee shop in Taiwan.

I’m not sure but

In this case I’m picturing small coffee shops, maybe small snacks, bars, some thirty-year-old KTV system, called coffee shop so it doesn’t appear to be a full bar in older neighborhoods where all the old men hang out when they don’t want to be in the house. And maybe some aunties providing waitress and social services.

Could be the license as coffee shop just because

Coffee shop with back rooms for quickies.

KTV for girls.

3 Likes

Could I get a work permit there?

Elevators in old buildings with no cameras.