What are integrated activity classes?

I’ve been teaching in a public school for a little while now, and I still have no clue what this class is supposed to be about. All of my classes are this subject. I do have a textbook, but it’s all in Chinese so I just ignore it. I feel like it is just a random class they put together in order to teach English using CLIL.

They probably mean combining learning the subject with learning a skill. But who knows, there is such a lot of bollocks in education these days.

2 Likes

Integrated only has one rrrr…fixed it for you.

2 Likes

A lot of public schools and cram schools throw around fancy buzz words and terms for their pedagogy in order to pretend they offer something different than their competitors. Some of it is real and useful (such as project-based learning), but sometimes you’ll hear an approach that you know a sweaty-browed buxiban owner came up with and scrawled down on a cocktail napkin at 1 in the morning.

1 Like

It’s the acronyms/initialisms for the blindingly obvious that wind me up.

They are classes school can use for whatever they want.

1 Like

Thank you.

I would love to do more projects in my class and I try hard to do fun things, but every time I make a unit/lesson, my director or a professor from a university rips into it. Then I have to start from scratch again. Usually they say I’m not teaching to the indicators or objectives. But the indicators that they give for each class are so vague.

I’m pretty sure this is it. I also don’t think my classes have any grades. No co-teacher has asked me for any.

1 Like