What are my rights?

hello just wondering if I smoggle some personal pots to taiwan and cops find out what are my rights. I mean it’s just personal use can I get a lawyer, plea the 5th or what. or what would they do and what can I do. I never committ a crime just I don’t think I can live without pot so was just wondering…if u can help that will be great. oh also my friend he likes bars a lot and he also fights in bars a lot…I can’t do nothing about it :frowning: maybe just some fine and some warnings? thanks again

I can’t imagine why you’d want to bring it in. They hand out the most wicked buds at the airport in kilogram deals. Just head up to the customs chappies and ask. Pack a toothpaste and some lube just in case. Horrible to think your first phrase in Taiwanese might be “not again big taro, not without some lube.” :unamused:

HG

I don’t think you need even to smoggle pots here. It is perfectly legal to bring any kind of common cookware into the island. In fact, I’ve brought in collanders and oven thermometers with no problem.

I guess it depends. I know Asian countries are really strict when it comes to drugs, but this is just marijuana and it also depends on the quantity you tried to smuggle.

He must be a new English teacher. Why would anyone ask about smuggling drugs. I guess he just doesn’t know…

“oh also my friend he likes bars a lot and he also fights in bars a lot…I can’t do nothing about it maybe just some fine and some warnings?”

hahaha that is gold

They’ve never repealed the death penalty for drug smuggling. They won’t top you for bringing in weed, but Big Taro over at the municipal jail has had a nasty yellow discharge for several months now, so he’s hurting for fresh meat. He’ll be looking forward to meeting you, I’m sure.

I hate to break it to you, neophyte, but there are no illegal drugs available in Taiwan. People say otherwise, but this is just a form of penis envy. People here know that I have a veritable harem and they do the binary math (one and zero) and conclude that I have the goods, so off they go to “get high.” But, in fact, the only thing here you can do is shoot betelnut juice (it makes you want to dance like Fred Astair while spitting like a Chinese peasant), inhale choudofu straight from the fu or drink sports drink backwash in MTVs.
My suggestion is to bring your own “why do you think they call it ‘dope’?” Tell them it is some herbal remedy for your tiny member and then show them. Usually, they let you stay in the Grand Hotel for the first week free.
Welcome.

someguy44 wrote [quote]Flicka wrote:

okaythen01 wrote:

hello just wondering if I smoggle some personal pots to Taiwan and cops

I don’t think you need even to smoggle pots here. It is perfectly legal to bring any kind of common cookware into the island. In fact, I’ve brought in collanders and oven thermometers with no problem.

This is pretty funny. I don’t think it was “cookware” that he was referring to. I think okaythen01 was referring to marijuana. Why would anyone arrest you for “smuggling” cookware? I don’t know why “ok” would use the plural form of “pot” when he/she’s trying to describe cannabis.
[/quote]

Perhaps you missed Flicka’s origional sarcasm. I got a laugh out of your reply though.

[quote]
Perhaps you missed Flicka’s origional sarcasm. I got a laugh out of your reply though.[/quote]

Yeah, my bad! I just noticed my goof now. My apologizes to Flicka. :notworthy: I really should read the posts carefully before I make my comments. :sunglasses:

yea or come up with something somewhat amusing

Just don’t do it. Smuggling anything is for dummies.

I would tell your friend to be careful about fighting in bars here in Taiwan. You never know who might be a blackbelt in something nasty. :sunglasses:

Not if you’ve read “Smuggling for Dummies”.

i’ve read how to solve a murder for dummies… or maybe it was from the idiots series… my roommates seemed uncomfortable during a few month period i was reading all these books on how to get away with murder

5th? What country do you think this is? If you are caught smuggling marijuana into Taiwan, you have very specific rights. You have the right to choose imprisonment or imprisonment. There is a huge sign at the airport when you arrive that explains about drugs - any drugs.

Why would you want to risk it?

If you’re coming to Taiwan, then do without the pot. You may miss it but you’ll find something else to do. If you just can’t live without it, then don’t come. See? Simple solution.

Whey would you have the right to “fine” your friend? If he’s stupid enough to get into bar fights, he’ll fix the problem eventually. The solution will be very painful and will suck most mightily but if he’s paralyzed from getting his head cracked open he won’t get into fights anymore. This is just stupid behaviour. Tell him to grow up. Don’t go to bars with him.

BTW, David, your posts are really entertaining . . . they have a fun consistent flavor, I really hope this is someone’s alternative identity and you’re not really planning on “smoggling” cookware. :slight_smile:

If you really like drugs and your friend really likes fighting - might I suggest you choose Thailand as your destination. Drugs are available in Thailand - you saw the Beach didn’t you - yes there are islands full of pot!!!. The locals also love a good barfight - to start the fight all you have to do is insult the royal family

• easily done by knocking the picture of the king off the wall and pissing on it - the locals will love this and will show you their sincere admiration and respect for your attempt the remove the yoke of monarchy from them.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]…Horrible to think your first phrase in Taiwanese might be “not again big taro, not without some lube.” :unamused:
HG[/quote]

How does this wicked, frightful, scare you straight kind of animal come to be know as “Taro”?

Chou