What are the current places to go to in Taipei for food,fun

Arriving back this week on the rock. Been getting some tips from some folks on wheres some hip places to go.

List so far:

Romano macaroni restaurant, near warner

IN house, bar near warner

Room 18, bar near warner

citizen cain restaurant , citizencain.com/ near howard plaza

neo 19 club, where the hot chicks go neo19.com.tw/index.asp near warner

barcode, bar near warner

===================
anymore?

edit: Title changed to better reflect

Macaroni Grill is an ‘in’ place?

uh, actually that one was just said to be a nice place to have a bite in when around the bars/clubs there. One has to eat still?

Lets just say, nice places to go to?

edit: title has been edited. :slight_smile:

The local power distribution station. lots of current in there, I hear. :slight_smile:

Hell’s Kitchen for a quiet drink, Taipei’s only Irish pub now that the Shannon finally died, and open very late.

Food: mom and pop shop
Fun: Bedroom

No place cool or fun to drink or eat or hang out in Taipei anymore.
All the good spots are in Yong He, Chong He, and Tucheng.
I suggest you spend all your time out there grooving on the wild party atmosphere…

Everything on your list is ‘near Warner’ – i.e. in the sterile Xinyi District. Surely you are not back in Taiwan to hang out in Taiwan’s biggest collection of office building and malls. Try a Taipei cafe like Le Chat, Norwegian Wood, or Rufous. Have a few beers at Underworld or The Fucking Place. End your evening at Roxy 99, Vibe, or Club Wax. This plan would probably work best on Thursday-Sat. These are all basically in the Taida/Shida area.

For food, just wander up and down Yong Kang St. HJ’s Grill (Xinjiang), Guzao Taicai (Taiwanese, late night drinking), Ice Monster, Wenzhou St. Pork Pies, Yipin Beef Noodles (great knife cut tomato beef noodles), Taixing Shaola (Hong Kong duck, chicken etc, Sababa (Israeli) and many others.

Or better yet, head down to Dulan north of Taidong for music at the sugar mill.

I agree the Sugar Factory in Dulan is the best bar in Taiwan.

[quote=“urodacus”]The local power distribution station. lots of current in there, I hear. :slight_smile:

Hell’s Kitchen for a quiet drink, Taipei’s only Irish pub now that the Shannon finally died, and open very late.[/quote]

I second Hell’s Kitchen for both good atmosphere and conversation.

Actually I’d start out at Dozo for nice Japanese food and drinks and then walk over to Hell’s Kitchen for the rest of the evening.

[quote=“rocky raccoon”][quote=“urodacus”]The local power distribution station. lots of current in there, I hear. :slight_smile:

Hell’s Kitchen for a quiet drink, Taipei’s only Irish pub now that the Shannon finally died, and open very late.[/quote]

Actually I’d start out at Dozo for nice Japanese food and drinks and then walk over to Hell’s Kitchen for the rest of the evening.[/quote]

Hi Rocky, funny that you mention Hells Kitchen as apparently the forumosans are ganging up there this coming thursday nite?

IM gonna aim to be there .

[quote=“rocky raccoon”][quote=“urodacus”]The local power distribution station. lots of current in there, I hear. :slight_smile:

Actually I’d start out at Dozo for nice Japanese food and drinks and then walk over to Hell’s Kitchen for the rest of the evening.[/quote]

I second the Dozo recommendation. Absolutely fantastic food and atmosphere, the place to go with friends, or to entertain clients. It’s on GuangFu, between Civic Blvd and Chung Hsiao East Rd. It isn’t far from Hell’s Kitchen, either. Call ahead for a reservation.

Dozo
台北市大安區
光復南路102號
2-2778-1135

If your GF is younger, she might enjoy Luxy, near California Fitness on Chung Hsiao/Dun Hua. I felt I was getting a bit long in the tooth to go there in my mid 30s, and I wouldn’t show up there now unless I’d spent six months in the gym and bought myself new party clothes, but it’s a fun place.

Tommy, I also recommend that you PM Josefus. He knows were a lot of the hot places are.

Yes the GF is a whole lotta younger. And maybe i should take her to staid boring places because I wouldnt want her to get attached to those hip places where the party people go would I? Things that make you go hmmmm. ON the other hand maybe she will take me to all the staid boring places so i dont know bout her secret life in all the hip joints?? :doh: :pray:

My best tip for going out to a “in” place would be Primo, not much of a dancefloor but surelly the best looking girls in Taipei.

tommy, don’t pay any attention to these guys, they don’t know what they’re talking about.
You want fun, try Taichung, maybe Hualien, Hsin Chu, all them are good.
These days, there’s nothing to see in Taipei, nothing at all.
Definitely check out Tainan, Taidong is pretty good for partying too.
Just forget about Taipei, there’s no fun here at all, you’l be bored to tears.
Trust me on this.

Definitely Don’t go to the SongRen Alleycat for some really bad pizza. Really, don’t.

Thanks for all the tips guys. Ceptin the chief for trying to way lay me . Although my first lay ever was in Hualien I must say. :smiley:

By the way, a short brief on approx where those places are would be cool. Just a name mentioned wouldnt tell me where they are? Fin Danke.

I told you where to find the two places I recommended.

Remember too, google is your friend.

[quote=“Tomas”]I told you where to find the two places I recommended.

Remember too, google is your friend.[/quote]

yes you did Tomas and thank you. I was thinking of Feirens places he mentioned. But i suppose they will be online . Everythings online nowadays i would think? Will google those names.

edit: actuallly feiren did kinda say what areas those places were in, just gotta read more carefully.

Primo’s webpage is club-primo.com/ you can find the address there or as a previous poster said just google it :smiley:

OH good grief, came across a blog bout all those places etc. Seems very chic and hip and all that and all for like 18 to 22 year olds !! Even got Asian girls speaking swedish .

lava, room18, barcode, roxy, primo, etc.

sheenieintaiwan.blogspot.com/200 … o-see.html

annahsieh.blogspot.com/

I think I better ask for where all the Non-hip, non-cool places are so I can fit in better. :slight_smile:

Im gonna check out all the places to EAT tho, thats for sure. Dancing , drinking? Who needs that, been there done that, got the tshirt, lost the tshirt.

Yup the man in the mirror is not hip,cool or gangsta no more … no more …no more.