What are the Mandarin terms for a police incident report?

I’m sorry. What?

What kind of a building doesn’t have electricity? Are you guys living in a shed or a tent? How do you charge the phone you are using to type these comments?

Sorry, but unless you can post armed sentry or whatever, you’re not going to stop future thefts. And because you lack any video evidence, the police isn’t going to be able to identify the suspect either. They aren’t going to come over and dust the place for prints either. It’s a theft, not a murder.

CCTV system do not use that much power, you can rig up a solar panel and batteries to power the damn thing. I’m sure you can just buy an extra smartphone and find apps to have a “sentry mode” or whatever. And power the whole thing with solar panels.

If you got anything worth stealing, you gotta protect it. You can’t expect the police to do it for you, you gotta do your part too.

CCTV is also important because if you live out in the sticks like this, they gotta have a vehicle involved in the crime. If there’s a vehicle, there’s a plate, and they can zero on on the suspect right away.

Lol, I’m not seeking advice on how to prevent theft, just on the wording for a police report. We have game cameras on order already.

This isn’t my home, it is a work location :slight_smile: i may be many things, but I don’t live in a fricken tent, jeesh. Though tonight I am camping out there to try and catch the fuckers.

I do have a proper house, don’t worry :kissing_closed_eyes:

Edit. Thing with cctv is it’s based on the area. Which is another reason I want the police report. Because the nearest cctv is in a different Township.

This is all way more fucking complicated than it ought to be. And yet, here I am asking a foreign forum how to ask police to do their job. Fuck me, @nz ain’t wrong.

To be fair, (taiwanese)wife is trying too, but she doesn’t know the Chinese either haha.

1 Like

These things run on battery, get a few of them and move them to random locations every week. They can upload to the cloud.

If you can get a license plate, the police will find their guy.