What are the prices for new DRZ400 and G650F?

I tried to find a prices for a new BMW G650F or DRZ400 (is DRZ400 still in production?) but cannot find website for Suzuki and BMW motorcycles in Taiwan.

Question to anyone who has such an experience.
I was told that if I’ll go to test drive motorcycle with above 250cc the dealer or person who sells bike will ask me for “big motorcycle” license and if I don’t have one (I am going to get one in June) then I will not be allowed to test drive such a motorcycle.
is this correct?

Give Alan at HaveAll Motors in Xindian (Taipei) a call. His English is very good.

I don’t know the price of either, but I do know that there have been no DRZ-400 imports since 2008, and the second hand market for this bike is non-existent. Owners are holding on to their bikes or selling them to buddies. As for the BMW, I’d visit any official BMW Motorrad dealership in the city where you live and inquire about prices and availability.

Thank you, I was told DRZ400 have been stop imported to Taiwan in 07, wonder what is a newer model for this motorcycle.
I guess until I will actually go for the test drive I will find out if with my scooter license owner will let me test drive DRZ400…

There are two now DRZ400 models, the SM and the S. There is no “newer model” DRZ. The DRZ-400E (enduro) model was last made in 2007, and E was actually no different from the S in 2007 (had the same engine and fuel system), except for graphics. So if you want a REAL E, with Keihin FCR carb, hot cam, and higher compression … only 2006 and earlier E models have “Real E” components. The E is a wheelie machine, the S isn’t.

Thank you, actually I want SM model. They not sell in Taiwan anymore? What is a next generation model that inherited DRZ400SM?

The DRZ400S and SM are still made, they are just not imported into the 'wan. Zook has no “next gen” model of the DRZ.
If by “next gen” model you mean such a model by anyone, that would be the Aprilia 450 twin and 550 twin. They should only be about NTD400,000 … if they are imported.

What about the Suzuki V-Strom (DL-650 and DL-1000)? I see those around now and then. Seems like a great (as in similar bike but way cheaper to maintain) alternative to an F650.

I’m kind of looking at the V-Strom or a Honda VFR-800 as two possibilities for my next bike. Both seem like good allrounders and are tourable, the zook having the edge on bad roads and the honda being better in the corners.

[quote=“PaddyB”]What about the Suzuki V-Strom (DL-650 and DL-1000)? I see those around now and then. Seems like a great (as in similar bike but way cheaper to maintain) alternative to an F650.

I’m kind of looking at the V-Strom or a Honda VFR-800 as two possibilities for my next bike. Both seem like good allrounders and are tourable, the zook having the edge on bad roads and the honda being better in the corners.[/quote]

They are two different type of bikes. One is racing type “crotch rocket” other upright position “wanna be” dual purpose bike…

The liter Strom (I have one) is one of the BEST sports touring bikes for tall riders (over 6’)… for the money. A BMW 1600, or a Super Tenere, is probably nicer at 2x the price of a Strom. The Wee Strom uses the same everything as the Big Strom, except the displacement is 650cc and its (only) 20 kg lighter. Solo touring, the Wee is fine. Two-up and loaded, you’ll want the liter Strom.