What are three things that make you happy?

1. Finishing up projects and knowing that you’ve done a pretty good job.
  2. Discovering and exploring beautiful places around the world.
  3. Orgasms (sexual and culinary).

[quote]thechu17 wrote:

This is a very sad statement. Whats disturbing is that a lot of Asian girls in America feel exactly the same way. It this just an Asian thing? How sad.

What makes you said that it only applied to Asian girls in America?? I think it is the same here in Taiwan…
[/quote]

I think it is obvious that Asian girls in Taiwan were also implied. If I wasnt clear, Im sorry. [/quote]

Alien, you, bassman and Mr. He is going to make the TRUE MiakaW comes out on a Thurs. morning w/ all those sexual responses (well, to me it is, haha)

Exciting answer and I love it!!

1. Slipping into a hot bath on a cold day & feeling the warmth seep into
    my cold body.
  2. The first mouthful of a good Beijing duck.
  3. My dogs excitment when I get home (wether after 1 hour or several
    days). They are never pissed off by a bad day those dogs. Its not unconditional love, but its pretty close.

There are have been some fairly large quantitative studies re: the characteristics of happy people. If a remember correctly the strongest correlation with happiness was having a good network of friends. Good health didnt come in the top 3 in the study I read which surprised me.
Money was pretty far down the list although I have read that on average rich people are happier than non rich. But is it that happy(optimistic?) people are more likely to get rich ?

The thing I find interesting is that the future things that you think will make you happy often dont eg When I was studying for a big exam I would always feel…“when these exams are over I will be so happy”. But when the exams are over there was just a big feeling of anticlimax.
I suppose this comes back to the old saying “happiness is a journey not a destination”

Well, I just have a though…

I mean one thing that makes me happy is to know that i have a great deal of friends and family members who care deeply for me. (vice versa) In this case, does it mean that my happinese is depended on them?So does it mean that one day they are gone, then I won’t be happy anymore. Like MT said, nothing last forever…

beside, I have low-self-esteem therefore I don’t think I can ever be happy for being myself, why is that?? :shock:

1. Good sex
  2. A good horse
  3. Music

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]

1. Taiwan Draft (green bottle) on a really hot day
  2. Being on a train heading toward the mountains
  3. Hearing the sound of a perfectly hit baseball[/quote]

Since I drank a lot of Taiwan Draft last night (although it was a hot day) and heard the sound of a perfectly hit baseball (while listening to my Meatloaf Bat Out of Hell CD), I’d like to change my three items to:

1. Lying in a hammock under a shady tree with no insects around
  2. Being on a train heading toward the mountains
  3. A bidet with adjustable stream

[quote=“Sunday Silence”]1. Good sex
2. A good horse
3. Music[/quote]
This is kind of cheating. After all, if you could find a good singing horse, you’d have all three items in a single package.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Sunday Silence”]1. Good sex
2. A good horse
3. Music[/quote]
This is kind of cheating. After all, if you could find a good singing horse, you’d have all three items in a single package.[/quote]

Now that you pointed that out to me, maybe it’s time to start my quest :wink:

1 - bad mouthing george W bush
2 - bad mouthing donald rumsfeld
3 - bad mouthing john ashcroft

(not neccessarily in that order)

• sigh -

Wow. I don’t think anyone’s mentioned these yet:

1. Zoloft
  2. Prozac
  3. Kayaking

:mrgreen: