What are typical benefits for a private school English teacher in Taiwan?

You seek a bit over anxious for what is essentially a part time gig that you hardly need the money just to tick along.

There are other ways to stay in Taiwan such as study here if you are interested .

I live here, have aprc, and sent out tons of emails to find a new job. Emails didn’t work. I wrote a nice humourous post and added my photo. It got me lots of attention. Besides the above I had videos I made of myself reading books for kids and other presenter type clips. I was offered jobs besides teaching even though I only posted to a teaching site.

I had several LinkedIn inquiries as well.

I’d suggest going beyond email. Maybe out of 100 mails I got 2 or 3 replies. Not saying email won’t work but I recommend doing more.

1 Like

FYI teaching isn’t a walk in the park.

1 Like

For about nt$40k u can set up a paper box company which will provide u an ARC

School offers 14 vacation days annually

Total? That’s crap, walk.

Edit for perspective: LNY is usually 10 days (2 weeks) and a lot of private schools have a week off for spring break instead of the government required 2 days. If they’re offering you 14 days off, there’s probably a Saturday during your LNY that you’ll be expected to work, or you’ll need to come in on Friday at the end of LNY break. It would also mean you get zero days off in the summer. Private schools that don’t give you days off in the summer usually expect you to run summer camp for the whole summer, which mean you’ll be teaching all but 3 weeks of the year.

1 Like