What are you cooking tonight?

From the wet market. Took three days to deliver. They don’t have them for sale

Nice, was it too greasy? I heard it’s like duck

It’s resting as we speak, and my wife says it’s not called a wet market.

It is a greasy bird.

1 Like

Hot Pot (Curry) at home, but I did not cook just eat and buy cake as directed. Also lots of “local” fireworks at midnight.

We had “left over” hot pot tonight. It’s interesting that it sat on table a long time and was just re heated and nobody (me too) gets food illness.

Yes we did the same, but I did not eat it the second time. For people who refuse to put KFC in the fridge to eat the next day due to fear of food poisoning, they sure aren’t worried about hot pot going bad. I didn’t eat it because I think hot pot is totally gross to begin with, not because I thought it had gone bad. It was always bad…

I once ate an 18 year old Christmas cake at my granddad’s house, and it tasted perfect. Didn’t get sick or anything. I guess the alcohol preserves it, and the icing serves as a seal. My wife who was there watching was certain I’d he hospitalized, I was skeptical too TBH.

1 Like

you don’t mean christmas cake made for an 18 year old, but literally 18 year old christmas cake?

Is this some weird cake you preserve it?

It was made 18 years prior to me eating it, for a family member’s birthday and for some reason was never eaten. Got put in the freezer and was finally eaten in 2019, by me. Some people say Christmas cake gets better with time, but I don’t think you are meant to wait that long.

1 Like

Your family must have some huge freezers… because if a cake goes into my freezer it’s either eaten right away or thrown out. My freezer is small.

But with frozen food… well stuff stays good indefinitely in there. Especially if protected from freezer burns.

This is Christmas cake. It’s a different beast. For most cakes, “Great grandma’s cake” refers to her recipe. For Christmas cake, it’s literal.

1 Like

Garlic leaf stir fry, my new favorite.

1 Like

The fruit in cake must been super old ! Was like a fine wine like 18 year old fine wine.

1 Like

Swedish meatballs with mushroom gravy. Garlic mashed potatoes and breaded parsnips :yum:

3 Likes

Homemade meatballs?

1 Like

Definitely

1 Like

Are you in Taiwan? Where did you get parsnips?

Creme De Menthe chocolate chip.
Custard based, so there was some cooking. :kissing:

3 Likes

:thinking: Uncle Roger might have something to say about that

Had to look up who that was, so I’m not sure what he’d say. :thinking:

1 Like

I also looked him up, and sad (if it’s same info I saw) turn on the other good guy to make China happy on a platform banned in China