What are you doing for Chinese New Year?

Just be sure to support the businesses that support the protesters…and vice versa.

I’m considering posting daily updates about what I got up to during CNY.

EDIT: lostinasia beat me to it.

Looking forward to hearing about your nasty hangover. :wink:

I don’t seem to get them anymore. Possibly down to brain damage, maybe it’s because I stop before going to far.

C’mon, man. Throw us a bone…

Watching funny CNY videos

Staying in-laws’ home.

Condolences. :grin:

1 Like

What with all the flu fears, I’m now sort of glad I don’t have any travel plans and will just be staying put in Taipei.

1 Like

Suffering through my unrelenting flu… really spoils my evil plans to binge DS9, Supernatural and Memories of the Alhambra.

We also had a market cat suffer a terrible accident. He is now in ICU at a 24 hour hospital in Taipei, which means daily visits take 2 hours back and forth. Sigh.

1 Like

i love christmas but i feel nothing for CNY…
the first time i experienced it was the most memorable. really had some special feeling to it. 10 years ago in china. it was freezing, there were fireworks 24/7 and i was in some strangers house with plastic bags on my feet drinking disgusting baijiu. i think the cold and the harsh and bleak atmosphere of china really added to it.

Celebrating early. My sons are working at a local surf resort, and they get a lot of foreigners with no family here, who just see it as days off. They’re pretty busy with waiguoren over the actual New Year, and then there’s an influx of Taiwanese right after.

1 Like

I never had a problem visiting in-laws over the New Year. Course, my wife’s family are aborigines and drink a hell of a lot.

2 Likes

Whaaaat you have the flu? You sure it ain’t the Wuhan pestilence?

I’m taking a bunch of PMMA and eating snakes.

Oh, wait…

Leaving at midnight tomorrow night for the in-laws who live inland of Hualien. Driving, so leaving at that ungodly hour to avoid traffic. No doubt going to bed at 2-3am, and hopping out again at 6am so the wife can help cook and we can view incoming family, esp the rug rats. :crazy_face:

Sigh.

2 Likes

Condolences. :grin:

2 Likes

Though most symptoms are the same, I ain’t dead yet. My body aches tell me so.

@bojack’s pain is far greater, though.

CNY parade in Chinatown!

2 Likes

What I’m currently doing is trying to remember how long the garbage services stop for. Anyone know when the garbage, recycling, and blue & green bin trucks resume their rounds?