What are you doing today?

Meanwhile most locals are traveling up and down the island I am curious to know if the foreign community is staying put or if I should have FOMO feelings for not booking anything :joy:

So, what re you doing today? Or what are you doing this weekend of long holiday in a pandemic?

I am staying home. Ordered some breakfast delivery and have homemade food ready for dinner. I need to buy some non food items though, so thinking about dropping by a few stores in the afternoon and maybe driving a bit up the mountains for fresh air before dinner.

2 Likes

Staying home, with maybe an excursion for groceries later. I’m a little annoyed that now the weather is good for cycling (in Danshui anyway), but it was raining too much to head out early this morning. It being Tomb-Sweeping Day, there’s no way I’m heading up into the hills for a bike ride now - there’s probably far too much traffic.

3 Likes

I am playing Animal Crossing. I made a Kirby flag.

5 Likes

Good reminder, I didn’t think of that. Maybe search for some mountains free of ghosts.

It was raining early morning in Taipei city too, now still ugly weather but starting to clear up

1 Like

Now that the rain’s moved on I’m thinking about going to the store to get food and stockpile some more nonperishables. Not a single egg was to be found in my local grocery store the other day…

3 Likes

Good luck with that.

3 Likes

I’m posting on here.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what it’s like around other parts of Taipei, but above Danshui there a bunch of cemeteries and columbaria (huh, TIL, from spellcheck, it’s “columbaria” and not “columbariums”) - lots of traffic heading their way this time of year. It mainly means that weekend or holiday rides are MUCH better in the early morning.

1 Like

Headed to Liyu Lake in Hualien. We are renting bikes to ride around the lake. Not long ago, I would run once or twice around the lake (5k course). My right knee won’t allow that anymore. So I’ll be a bit bummed during this little excursion.

3 Likes

Mostly staying home, but I’ll be heading to Taipei Botanical Garden for fresh air and exercise…maybe more than once.

2 Likes

You guys convinced me: no mountains today.

1 Like

Tell us if there are any crowds

1 Like

I am spending all day with my kids, same as on the weekends. They are having a nap right now.

2 Likes

Excuses excuses :joy: :joy:
Hardly any ppl, not even on the waterfront …

6 Likes

Very empty. And no tourists from China!

9 Likes

Great! But also has me thinking, ah crap, maybe I shouldn’t have opted to stay home after the rain stopped.

2 Likes

Laundry and daily mop.
Baby niece taking nap so I got spare time at Foromusa. My other eye on screen watching Spanish movie :exploding_head: and will take short nap.

3 Likes

Lovely

1 Like

Catching up on movies

1 Like

Just call them urn lockers!