What are you giving up for Lent?

[quote=“Jaboney”]A quarter hour left, tash. Getting shaky yet?

There’s still time to back out. :smiley:[/quote]
Yeah, kind of nervous. Cos, let’s face it, what else are people going to talk about in my presence if not about me? And how does one sit quietly in a room full of people?

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Erhu”][quote=“tash”]Erhu,
You are so funny and smart. I think you’re just grand. And I like that top you were wearing tonight, where’d you get that?[/quote]

Wait Tash, we can’t start this yet. It’s not 12AM yet. Try again in 22 minutes and I’ll agree with you.[/quote]
So compliment ME, ME, ME for the next 20 minutes, will ya![/quote]

We’ve been talking about you since you started this thread at 10:07pm. How much more attention do you need, girl?

Seriously T, this vanity fast of yours is doomed for failure. I’m gonna try to go along with it, but how can I not tell you how wonderfully fabulous you are for 40 whole days? I mean, you are friends with moi after all, right? kiss

Yeah! tash is so kool and clever and funny and pretty and even likes Thai desserts which is cute cos they are gross. Erm, two minutes writing time… She really knows how to accessorize and is good at computers and stuff and doesnt get lost easily.

tash was chatting to a really good-looking guy at the Stevie Ray fundraiser bash at the Living Room.

So, tash, what are you thinking about right NOW?

Buttercup, you spell well under time pressure. And you have excellent taste in bags.

Erhu, thanks for always helping me with Chinese menus. And you’ve perfect teeth.

Stray Dog, you’re taller than you seem. It must be the size of your head. I’d give anything to have a small head like you. Mine’s huge.

Jaboney, your mug is interesting. And you know how to shave properly.

OK, It’ll take a little getting used to so it may not go smoothly right away, but I’ll give it my best try.

Off to bed now. A tough day tomorrow.

[quote=“tash”]Buttercup, you spell well under time pressure. And you have excellent taste in bags.

Erhu, thanks for always helping me with Chinese menus. And you’ve perfect teeth.

Stray Dog, you’re taller than you seem. It must be the size of your head. I’d give anything to have a small head like you. Mine’s huge.[/quote]
Oops! Dang!

Just keep trying, keep trying…

[quote=“tash”]
Erhu, thanks for always helping me with Chinese menus. And you’ve perfect teeth.[/quote]

Well, my Chinese is PDG, and I’ve always been quite happy with my teeth. Thanks!

After being hassled by paparazzi last night, I am giving up celebrity schaudenfreude.

Arion, I understand your pain, but I really hope you’ll change your mind about this. I wouldn’t want to let the paparazzi get between our friendship.

Maybe this means I have to give up making fun of myself? Oh dear!

Maybe this means I have to give up making fun of myself? Oh dear![/quote]

You can’t quote and respond to only yourself, Arion. You left out the funny post of mine in-between.

Anyway, do what I’m doing. Tash is on a “vanity fast” for Lent. I, on the other hand, am on a “vanity fest”. It’s going great so far. Only 4 days in and I’m already totally in love with myself. It works!

Maybe this means I have to give up making fun of myself? Oh dear![/quote]

You can’t quote and respond to only yourself, Arion. You left out the funny post of mine in-between.

Anyway, do what I’m doing. Tash is on a “vanity fast” for Lent. I, on the other hand, am on a “vanity fest”. It’s going great so far. Only 4 days in and I’m already totally in love with myself. It works![/quote]

I’m on a vanity FEAST

Heh!

Common misconception. He actually waxes.

Common misconception. He actually waxes.[/quote]:lol: He’s a pleaser, I’m guessing.

Dear Forumosans,

Lent is official over. I’m pleased to announce that Tash may henceforth resume talking about herself. She may also once again start taking daily photos of herself, kissing her reflection in the mirror, and wearing her red t-shirt that says, “Nobody’s Perfect, But Me”.

Welcome back, T. We’ve missed you!

Welcome back T.

Oops, I broke all mine. They were stupid anyway.

Reminded of a film moment;

‘He’s always been lacking in moral fibre’
‘Knows a lot about Sean Connery’
‘It’s hardly a substitute’

[quote=“tash”]Is anyone going to use Lent (40 days from tomorrow till Easter) to give something up?

I’m going on a spiritual fast this Lent. It’s called Vanity Fast.
Means I have to quit being self-absorbed.

The rules:

I CAN’T look in the mirror more than absolutely necessary (once or twice a day), that includes reflection in shop windows, cars, etc.

I CAN’T take photos of myself, post photos on Flickr, not even look at old photos of myself.

I CAN’T talk about myself, draw attention to myself, praise myself.

I CAN’T do vanity searches on Forumosa to see what you fine people have said about me, either.

INSTEAD, I have to use that energy and focus to see others better and give attention to them.

My friends laughed at me and think I won’t be able to do it. Especially the “center of attention part”.

Well, I think I will! :raspberry:[/quote]

Can I buy AD space on your T-shirt then?

I’m giving up looking at naked pictures of THE CHIEF.

Don’t try and bite off more than you can chew. ‘Small achievable goals’ are the key to success in giving up any addiction, Bubba.

Bubba, did you see that she can now do vanity searches on forumosa? When she finds out everything that you’ve been saying about her, you are SO DEAD!