What are you guys preparing for Chinese New Year ? ( Food wise )

Wishing each and everyone a happy healthy New Year :grinning:.

Food:

Braised Pork leg, Steamed fish, Steak, Red wine ,Taiwan beer,

Fruitcake usual snacks and some fruits.

2 Likes

ru yi cai
beef chow fun
hunan beef
mongolian beef
char siu
ma po tofu
chinese green beans w/ pork
1-2-3-4-5 ribs

2 Likes

Yummy…

Even though they are probably heading towards extinction in Taiwan, bat soup.

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to cook for the extended family during CNY. I’ve never been allowed though. Something about nobody wants to eat Western food during CNY.
So…3 day old cold leftovers for the week cooked by amah it is. Bummer.

2 Likes

佛跳牆,醉雞,東坡肉,金錢蝦餅,生煎干貝,軟,絲馬鈴薯沙拉,炒芥蘭牛肉,香菇雞湯,炸芋頭丸,甜八寶飯,年夜飯

Menu my aunt just sent the family chat. So excited.

3 Likes

That’s cool.

I feel you sorry about that. Well just enjoy the leftovers unless you drop by at Costco if they’re open there is always something nice to pick up there :partying_face:

:rofl: :rofl: :partying_face:

Bat soup

2 Likes

Just had a fantastic slow-cooked pulled pork sandwich for lunch! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Soon we’re heading to the in-laws, and this afternoon we get to have, um, incense-aged lukewarm chicken, chewy greens, soups cooled just enough to ensure separation of the fats … nope, I can’t find a way to make it appetizing.

7 Likes

Where did that happen?

I feel your pain.
Lunch today is two day old congee that they keep adding random stuff to. Hopefully none of it is bat parts.

3 Likes

lostinasia

1m

Just had a fantastic slow-cooked pulled pork sandwich for lunch! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tell me about it nothing beats slow-cooked pulled pork :rofl: :partying_face:

Costco pork, Costco torta rolls, my kitchen, my slow cooker. Prepared a big batch a few days ago and now the freezer is full of meat. My freezer is a happy place.

The lamb tagine that’s filling another big chunk of the freezer is also good, but I didn’t manage the fat separation as well for that one.

3 Likes

Korean rice-cake and dumpling soup 떡국.

1 Like

Chinese New Year (sic) doesn’t mean anything to me, so, as usual, I made a pot of vegetable curry that will last me for my week off. Every day I take out a bag and defrost it for dinner and eat it with a Carrefour ciabatta.

The wife bought and made some prawns for dinner yesterday. She overcooked them, in line with the joie de vivre of Chinese New Year (sic). We also had some undercooked celery and spring onions on overcooked noodles. A whole barrel of laughs.

Guy

5 Likes

Maine lobsters

2 Likes

I don’t get the lukewarm thing with food. I eat a salad and people freak out over my cold vegetables. I tell them their veges are cold and dead. :slight_smile: My flatmate leaves things out overnight with the intention of eating it the next day. I’m OCD about the kitchen to ward off bugs and food borne illnesses.
Bringing guava cheesecake to my flatmate’s house.
Tomorrow is BBQ on the roof, 7 layer dip, sourdough bread, lumpia, and whatever others want to bring. It’s nice to have some time off and a quiet Taipei.

7 Likes

A British-style roast chicken, just to be contrary.

3 Likes