What music are you listening to? (music edition)

It’s all good brother even when the grammar gets dodgy. This song…

1 Like

Here’s a fun cover of Testament’s ‘The Preacher’, with Oderus singing (ahem) and Testament’s guitar player who apparently teaches metal to teenage kids that fill out the band. I love how much that girl on bass is loving it

1 Like

The outro on that one is epic!

And I love the comments:

“this is the soundtrack to carbon monoxide poisoning”

“When you get your COVID shot from the homeless guy behind Walgreens”

1 Like

I was wondering wth was going on with @strung.in, but I figured it out now

1 Like

You’re almost as slow as the chipmunks on that album. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

James Ross Greatest Hits of Music radio show

Weekly 2 hour radio show, great stuff, he pops through the best music over 50 years up today and adds in some short context or history, just enough to make it interesting. He says things about music or music history that makes you go WHAT? and can rewind it easily to check it. Also on ICRT Sunday afternoon.

Available on website anytime including the old shows. Addicting.

http://www.somethingontheradio.com/

This was posted before… and still blows my mind that sound :smiley:

(I feel so cold on hookers and gin…this mess we’re in!)

Wait…they’re the same person? :astonished:

1 Like

I just snuck it in there to see if anyone was paying attention :wink:

OK, now I’m a little disappointed. That would’ve been a really cool story. And now every time I hear Jamiroquai I’m gonna think of Vegan Viking Dude.

1 Like

While we’re on the subject, here’s my favorite Jamiroquai song. At first, I thought he was saying “light chairs.”

1 Like

I’m digging through mp3s on my computer thinking about what to play to set the mood when students come in tomorrow (my first class in Taiwan, I don’t know them and they don’t know me). Something jazzy is my go to (Coltrane works well) but feels a bit old hat and cliche at this point. Jamiroquai is too up, Portishead is too down, maybe Van Halen?

Some interesting choices in here from back before Internet music was much of a thing. Today is the Day might signal this is going to be something different?

Back to jazzy, but I forgot how much I used to like this band

Oh, I might have found the sweet spot

key change!

1 Like

I think you’re overthinking this. :laughing:

I overthink everything. But music and teaching are things that I like thinking about :smiley:

1 Like

here we are in 2021 trying to lay it all down, and jeff comes along to pick it up again…

Another of my first jazz albums: