What music are you listening to? (music edition)

Yep, hung himself in a hotel room when he wasn’t able to see his daughter. I don’t really remember what they played at Buffalo Town…it’s all kind of a blur. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys the past couple of weeks. Really some amazing music and words. The voices are so beautiful.

1 Like

Let me refresh it with 2 billion views, like a 1/4 of the planet or there abouts.

Now that I would remember… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I often hear young people saying "It must have been amazing to have grown up in the 70s and 80s " , so this might be a good reminder of how bad things were too.

1 Like

Actually, I seem to remember them playing this one a lot at BT:

1 Like

I saw the whole album performed live by whatshisface a few years ago.

2 Likes

So seedy lol

A lot of dancy new wavy stuff, I remember. There was a video machine near the bar that was always playing GNR.

3 Likes

I had no idea which place you were talking about until you said that. :runaway:

1 Like

This I have zero recollection of… I just remember all the loose women and bar fights.

2 Likes

I remember some loose women. Once there was almost a fight, but it was defused

Back when I was going (87-88?) there were fights just about every weekend, some quite nasty.

2 Likes

Yeah a lot. There was a girl that got jumped in the ladies room, got her face cut open with hair pins by other jealous girls. The pin ball machines were great. I only had one fight in there :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

:love_you_gesture:

1 Like

:love_you_gesture:

Here’s one I doubt many forumosans will know: a Paiwan guitarist named Baobu (保卜) who does some astonishing instrumental work.

The album version of this song gets me going out the door in the right mood just about every morning. On youtube, I found this live version for your consideration. This guy is incredible!

Guy

2 Likes

Great stuff. That video 7 years ago. Wonder what is up now.

1 Like

He does film scores.

If you can, try to find Baobu’s two CDs—I Love Taiban, naming his hometown in Taidong, is great; Kerim, where the song I linked appears, is not quite as good, but still worth a listen.

He’s really a brilliant musician, utterly distinct, with such an expansive imagination and good energy too.

EDIT: The video you added is a rendition of “Signal Fire” from I Love Taiban. Recommended!

Guy