What music are you listening to? (music edition)

Still, today I’m really in a Sin Palabras mood…

My favorite. I hope they’ll redo that one too, because the new recordings do sound cleaner and more dynamic.

1 Like

Yeah, sound was pretty shitty, unfortunately. I does have something special. I guess the right amount of death and a somewhat exotic sounds. What the heck, the sound makes it special too. Those high toms and the guitar distortion… sound junglish, I can hear Brazil :smiley:

1 Like

Brutal but yeah, poor sound quality:

And you can hear what I say about snare/bass drums being switched. Usually bass drum goes in the “strong” beats of a bar.

Yeah, that’s interesting. You’d think it would make it sound less heavy, but it doesn’t. Great song. Reminds me of American hardcore at the time.

It makes it… punk, rushed.

OK, let’s change the mood a bit

Er… what?

That’s Dave Lombardo… and Patton looks like a more cuntish version of Korn’s singer… and I recognise Trevor Dunn but who’s the guitar player on the right? looks like Ian Scott… is that really him? Not that I really care about these guys but this video was so confusing xD

1 Like

Beautiful. Melody, sound, and girl.

But it feels like if she were just lips syncing. I don’t see much effect of her singing in directions different from the microphone…

She does not lip synch. lol She sings using her own voice…

Sure, I don’t say that isn’t her voice… but it looked like she was lip syncing in that video.

You have poor eyesight me thinks. :slight_smile:

I already gave you the reason. These microphones are very sensitive and unless I’m wrong pretty directional, so when you don’t sing into them but sideways there’s a notable decrease on sound volume picked up. Singers usually play with that actually. I noticed there wasn’t much variation when she was doing that, so unless the mic type is different from what I think, or she’s compressing the shit out of the sound (fuckin’ up the dynamics in that way), she was lip syncing.

Or maybe there’s something else that I’m missing.

Now, why are you so certain she is indeed singing live in that video?

And why do you post a totally different video, like if that proved something?

You think she needs to lip synch to her own voice? OK lol I guess her breathing sound is lip synched as well lol

I have said I don’t doubt she can sing or that that’s her voice.

I’ve seen other performers upload videos to YT with their own music, but the sound wasn’t live.

I also have explained the reasons why I felt it could be this way, but you haven’t addressed those points.

I guess we agree to disagree I think she sings it live not lip synched.

With this we wont have to guess maybe its air guitar?