What music are you listening to? (music edition)

The Jimi Hendrix Experience, “Bold as Love” (1967):

vimeo.com/47484719

Duke Ellington and His Kentucky Club Orchestra, “East St. Louis Toodle-Oo” (1927):

“Queer song”

So after months of listening to the same (80?) songs that my coworkers play over and over at the office, most of them shitty dance and cheesy Taiwanese pop, I created a playlist with some Spanish music, including some famous bands and others that I just like. I shared the playlist on Spotify with the fuckheads and I got this feedback from the official DJ:

“This song sounds queer!”

The song itself was a big hit in the 80’s, from a remarkable Spanish junkie musician:

So… the word, according to this guy, is queer. Said by somebody who listens to Taiwanese cheese pop and American shit pop, and even Katy Perry. But this song is “queer”.

Yesterday I got stuck myself explaining why a slice of bread is not necessarily a “toast”. For 20 minutes. Today I don’t find enough energy for another 20 minutes of musical debate…

Anna by Will Butler (a member of Arcade Fire)

weird ass video. Euro punkettes trying to be “MERIKAN KOOL” Yah? And the weird fascination the youth of today have with skulls?? Bleah !

But cool ass song though. Love it . Love the avant gardeness. The certain "weird-as-fuck"ness

:slight_smile:

I seldom listen to Spanish songs, but recently I’m in love with this young group “Dvicio”. They made a couple of interesting videos. I was curious if the other songs in the album are as good as those popular ones, and turns out they are pretty good! As for Spanish slow jams, I recommend Chayanne. :thumbsup:

youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cv … JYO63qbK-f

Pearl Jam - Given to fly

Non stop for the past few weeks. Can’t get enough.

Nice. Did not expect to see anyone sharing King Oliver when I clicked on this thread. If you’ll allow me to fast forward a few decades:

Nice. Did not expect to see anyone sharing King Oliver when I clicked on this thread. If you’ll allow me to fast forward a few decades: Dizzy Gillespie[/quote]

Also nice.

song365.org/track/tim-berne … 83675.html

I saw fred smith’s topic in the Open Forum and thought of this:

[quote]Oh, redwood tree,
Please let us under.
When we were young, we used to go
Under the redwood tree.

And it smells like rain,
Maybe even thunder.
Won’t you keep us from all harm,
Wonderful redwood tree?[/quote]