What are you listening to? (Part 3)

The Who ---- The kids are all right

Ahhh "Young man blues"

REM - Life's Rich Pageant

Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" and the most recent Tizzy Bac album. I saw them playing down by Eslite and found the first Taiwanese band that I'd actually listen to. Granted, I haven't really looked too hard. Also, a really cool AIDS benefit compilation called Dark Was The Night, which has a whole bunch of great (mostly indie rock) bands on it like the National and the Arcade Fire. Plus, it's got David Byrne!

Duke Ellington's Ellington at Newport and Frank Sinatra's Songs for Swingin' Lovers.

"my mother said to get things done, you better not mess with major tom"

It's a late nite stinking crusty revival in my house.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ydV3po ... re=related

Prana. Their first CD, Cyclone, from 1996. Masterful Japanese psy-trance.

I like this thread because none of the posted are connected in any way.

Rock and Roll Doctor: A Tribute to Lowell George
From 1997, it's got like Randy Newman, Bottle Rockets, Bonnie "If I Didn't Have Tits I'd Be Busking On Venice Beach" Raitt, and others.
So far it ain't blowing no wind up my skirt.
Still, it's better than Little Fake, the post-Lowell version of Little Feat...

good old dj tsuyoshi. if you can track down the first "sympathy in chaos" comp it's worth getting for the prana track on there alone--Geomantik (Fire Dragon Mix). crazy psy trance breakbeat

I've actually got Geomantik, as well as a whole bunch of Tsuyoshi DJ mixes. Saw both him and Nick Taylor DJing quite a few times in Aust.

I also have a bunch of other Goa type stuff, including everything Astral Projection have ever done.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. Raising Sand

Bluegrass meets blues/rock

Great stuff

If you're expecting Led Zeppelin then don't bother

Right now I'm listening to this by JBM, Montreal singer-songwriter Jesse B. Marchant. Never heard of it before, but it's interesting:

npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =100645308

Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Up Around the Bend":

The Rolling Stones, "You Got the Silver":

Lewis Black
They have a lot of his stuff on Youtube right now.

Leadbelly. He's probably as far removed from my last entry here as it's possible to get.

The Cramps - Songs the Lord Taught Us

Love the Cramps, but that's a so-so album. "A Date With Elvis" really rocks!

Love the Cramps, but that's a so-so album. "A Date With Elvis" really rocks!