What are you listening to? (Part 3)

The Who ---- The kids are all right

Ahhh ā€œYoung man bluesā€

REM - Lifeā€™s Rich Pageant

Fleetwood Macā€™s ā€œTuskā€ and the most recent Tizzy Bac album. I saw them playing down by Eslite and found the first Taiwanese band that Iā€™d actually listen to. Granted, I havenā€™t really looked too hard. Also, a really cool AIDS benefit compilation called Dark Was The Night, which has a whole bunch of great (mostly indie rock) bands on it like the National and the Arcade Fire. Plus, itā€™s got David Byrne!

Duke Ellingtonā€™s Ellington at Newport and Frank Sinatraā€™s Songs for Swinginā€™ Lovers.

ā€œmy mother said to get things done, you better not mess with major tomā€

Itā€™s a late nite stinking crusty revival in my house.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ydV3po ā€¦ re=related
youtube.com/watch?v=s66lFAIUNOE

Prana. Their first CD, Cyclone, from 1996. Masterful Japanese psy-trance.

I like this thread because none of the posted are connected in any way.

Rock and Roll Doctor: A Tribute to Lowell George
From 1997, itā€™s got like Randy Newman, Bottle Rockets, Bonnie ā€œIf I Didnā€™t Have Tits Iā€™d Be Busking On Venice Beachā€ Raitt, and others.
Meh.
So far it ainā€™t blowing no wind up my skirt.
Still, itā€™s better than Little Fake, the post-Lowell version of Little Featā€¦

good old dj tsuyoshi. if you can track down the first ā€œsympathy in chaosā€ comp itā€™s worth getting for the prana track on there aloneā€“Geomantik (Fire Dragon Mix). crazy psy trance breakbeat

Iā€™ve actually got Geomantik, as well as a whole bunch of Tsuyoshi DJ mixes. Saw both him and Nick Taylor DJing quite a few times in Aust.

I also have a bunch of other Goa type stuff, including everything Astral Projection have ever done.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. Raising Sand

Bluegrass meets blues/rock

Great stuff

If youā€™re expecting Led Zeppelin then donā€™t bother

Right now Iā€™m listening to this by JBM, Montreal singer-songwriter Jesse B. Marchant. Never heard of it before, but itā€™s interesting:

npr.org/templates/story/stor ā€¦ =100645308

Creedence Clearwater Revival, ā€œUp Around the Bendā€:
youtube.com/watch?v=BnRsaHXHznQ

The Rolling Stones, ā€œYou Got the Silverā€:
youtube.com/watch?v=qqZ0BFSaNFw

Lewis Black
They have a lot of his stuff on Youtube right now.

Leadbelly. Heā€™s probably as far removed from my last entry here as itā€™s possible to get.

The Cramps - Songs the Lord Taught Us

Love the Cramps, but thatā€™s a so-so album. ā€œA Date With Elvisā€ really rocks!

Love the Cramps, but thatā€™s a so-so album. ā€œA Date With Elvisā€ really rocks!