What are you listening to? (Part 3)

MC Lars - “The Graduate”
Greenskeepers - “Pleetch”
AC/DC - “The Best of AC/DC”
Zhang Zhenyue - “OK”

Iggy Pop and the Stooges.

Punk rock at its’ finest. (besides the Ramones).

I just bought two old Swans cd’s in the States.
My favourite track is “God Damn the Sun”. It was the first song that was successful in getting “Chocolate Rain” out of my head.

I’ve been on a Merle Haggard fix lately. Rings true for a dude like me.

Merle Haggard - Momma Tried.

Monster - I got the Merle Haggard boxset. I’ll drop it by ya next time we get together.

Carl Cox & Pete Tong Live @ The Void

This is probably the most moving house Essential Mix from Radio 1 that I’ve ever heard. And when Carl Cox throws Martin Luther King’s speech into the mix, it makes me remember when clubbing and the shit surrounding that scene was a bit different that it is today. I fucking love this mix. I keep listening to it and going back to days where it was happy and there wasn’t a care because you were going to be with like minded people. This was prior to 2000 and it was a wonderful time back then for this genre. Now, it’s dark and sadistic, full of nasty drugs and paranoid thoughts. This track was before all that and can be compared to the 1960’s as far as free love goes.

Download it. If you have an ear for it…and by chance an established DJ and can take some of this to heart…I’ll come see your show. Otherwise, you can keep the totally drug induced scene of Taipei. It’s nasty, you can have it.

There’s also a Global Undergound Mix which I can’t find online…though I arrived with the CD’s from Toronto that are of Steve Lawler…I wish I could find them. Awesome. White Case 2 cds…Wicked tunes. Global Underground est 2001, I think. White CD case.

Listening to a whole lot of Bossa Nova by a woman named Lisa Ono
onolisa.com/main/index_e.html

She sings and plays the guitar and has a group of great musicians accompanying her.
She was born in Brazil and her Portuguese is very good.

Good sunny day easy listening.

Carl Cox live @ Space Ibiza 2006 (Radio 1 Essential Mix)

Rather unsurprisingly, I’ve been a big fan of Kurt Weill and Bertolt Breht since I was a junge.

September Songs: The Music of Kurt Weill

And just what did I do with that book about Brecht’s early writings?

HG

Blind Melon - Change… and some.

The Offspring - Gotta Get Away

The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black

and for my last trick, folks…

Greenday - I Walk Alone

Ooops…may not be:

Greenday - Working Class Hero.

Bob Dylan - Eve of Destruction

The Tea Party - Temptation

rush, the kids don’t seem to enjoy the random noise i listen to, so always on the lookout for proper music to get them, came across this greatest hits cd remarkable for including every important song i’d want with zero fillers. may be a first. spirit of radio–the trees–something for nothing–freewill–xanadu–bastille day–bytor and the snow dog–anthem–closer to the heart–2112/temples of syrinx–la villa strngiato–fly by night–finding my way

That’s not Dylan. That’s Barry McGuire trying to sound like Dylan.

George Duke…In a Mellow Tone

“What’s Going Ahn” Big Star

Can listen to it here - box.net/shared/7dlcf0p4tz

Damn, I’m feeling angsty.

[quote]I liked her face and oh those eyes
she left today, oh goodbye
and looking at you I’m drained outright
and isolated in the light

and I resigned everyone
ever since I was young
I’m starting to understand
what’s going ahn and how it’s planned