What are you *not* listening to?

I think he’s not listening.

[quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“Muzha Man”]
And I’m not listening to anything. Stopped listening to music about 5 years ago.[/quote]
May I ask why?[/quote]

It wasn’t intentional. I was going through a very rough time in my life and just stopped listening as I got no pleasure out of it. (I’m sure many can relate to this.) I did expect that eventually I would go back to listening to music, but strangely never did.

When I hear music, even good music, now it tends to either irritate me or the pleasure I get is small. Occassionally I hear something by accident and it moves me but I know I am feeling about 1/4 of the pleasure I used to get from songs I like.

I read in an interview with Charles M. Schultz that this happened to him as well. During his divorce he stopped listening to music and never took it up again as he lost the ability to appreicate it.

My reading has not been affected, nor my appreciation of painting, drama (well, I never liked drama much anyway), or dance. Just music.

In any case, it sure frees up a lot of time, and save a ton of money. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Muzha Man”]

It wasn’t intentional. I was going through a very rough time in my life and just stopped listening as I got no pleasure out of it. (I’m sure many can relate to this.) I did expect that eventually I would go back to listening to music, but strangely never did. [/quote]

That’s odd, I’m completely the opposite. Whenever I go through a rough time in my life, music is about the only thing that gets me through it.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]
When I hear music, even good music, now it tends to either irritate me or the pleasure I get is small. Occassionally I hear something by accident and it moves me but I know I am feeling about 1/4 of the pleasure I used to get from songs I like. [/quote]

I pray that this never happens to me… I can’t imagine how it must feel. :frowning:

[quote=“trapjaw”][quote=“Muzha Man”]

It wasn’t intentional. I was going through a very rough time in my life and just stopped listening as I got no pleasure out of it. (I’m sure many can relate to this.) I did expect that eventually I would go back to listening to music, but strangely never did. [/quote]

That’s odd, I’m completely the opposite. Whenever I go through a rough time in my life, music is about the only thing that gets me through it.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]
When I hear music, even good music, now it tends to either irritate me or the pleasure I get is small. Occassionally I hear something by accident and it moves me but I know I am feeling about 1/4 of the pleasure I used to get from songs I like. [/quote]

I pray that this never happens to me… I can’t imagine how it must feel. :frowning:[/quote]

It doesn’t feel like anything except perhaps like going back to a sport or hobby and realizing it just isn’t for you anymore. No biggie. There are lots of other things to do in the world.

Just read today that Leonardo had no feeling for music. I’m in good company.

not much not electronic

Seeing this is and old topic but bringing it back because…why not? I’m not listening to anything new. How about you guys?

Definitely not listening to this:

Or this:

2 Likes

mostly @Dr_Milker selections :joy: Kajagoogoo was a classic :yum: My Taiwanese ex had to be taught the lyrics, and still repeats them to this day . It’s my contribution to linguistics in Asia :upside_down_face:

Your loss, racer boi.

Base upon your music selection , I have built up a mental picture :joy:
Love you moo moo :kissing_heart: No use trying to be offended …I can see you smirking like a Covington boy

More like this:

2 Likes

Love really old stuff how about you guys? Feel free to post links to youtube videos or whatever. Let’s change this from what you don’t listen to, to what you do listen to. Probably more interesting and the topic wouldn’t have died in 2006.

We have a number of such threads! Take a look in the A&E forum list https://tw.forumosa.com/c/humanities/arts-entertainment

1 Like

What I’m not listening to is rap music

1 Like

How about a little hip hop?

Advice

Their first two albums are actually pretty underrated.

:wall::wall::wall:

racist :innocent:

sorry…I’m somewhat new to this forum.