What are you reading? Political Books

The point is, les miserables are both. They’re their own worst enemies.

Love the earth, but not this much seems to be the key thus far.

Jeff Bezos pays no American taxes too!

Curious about this one and the details:

From the “Muslim ban,” to family separation to zero tolerance for misdemeanors at the border, the “performative cruelty” — as Guerrero calls it — has Stephen Miller’s fingerprints all over it.

Guerrero spoke with Business Insider Columnist Anthony L. Fisher about how Miller was radicalized at a young age (and how he has radicalized other young people), how he couches his disdain for the poor while posturing as a champion for the working class, and how the white nationalist agenda has been laundered through the Trump administration’s policies.

Fisher: The neo-Nazi Andrew Anglin said he basically loves everything that Stephen Miller does on immigration. It seems like word of that must have gotten back to Miller. Do you think he’s aware of that and bothered by that in any way?

Guerrero: I’m sure he’s aware of it. I think it bothers him to the extent that people more explicitly start to associate Stephen Miller with white nationalism and white supremacy, which he likes to say is a heinous and libelous accusation. At the end of the day, when you look at what Stephen Miller is doing with the rhetoric that we see out of Trump, and then the policies — he’s been laundering white nationalist policy goals and talking points through the language of heritage and through the language of economics and the language of national security.

I don’t think he’s been doing it accidentally or without awareness of what he’s doing. I mean, he’s been reading white supremacist literature and websites for years, possibly as far back as 2002, when he was still in high school, when his mentor David Horowitz exposed him to American Renaissance, the white supremacist website.

Personally or you mean Amazon?

Personally according to TIME magazine.

Time is wrong.

1 Like

How do you know?

You do know that paying zero taxes is the goal right? Otherwise, you under or overpay.

If you’re a bloodsucking parasite, I’m sure you’d appreciate it.

Why, I check the correct boxes. The government takes out theirs and not any more. People who get a tax return are getting their overpayment back.

This is bloodsucking?

Is this his divorce memoir?

Disloyal by Michael Cohen

Out early September.

Sure, did you wonder why Michael Cohen so abruptly did a 180 on Trump at the same time he hired Clinton personal attorney Lanny Davis?

1 Like

Personally, I don’t. Sure, Cohen was a career dirtbag lawyer (fixer really) for dirtbag Trump.

But at this point, he seems more interested in being one of the good guys and telling the truth. Maybe it’s because it’s genuine redemption, maybe it’s just for his image. But I’m 100% sure whatever he has to say about Trump now is factually accurate. Looking forward to seeing what he has to say.

He’s a bit similar to Scaramucci in that regard, he’s just smart enough to know how the wind is blowing, so telling the truth is his path to redemption. They know it’s their one shot at it, to be honest, because if they’re caught lying again, their reputation will not be salvageable. Common sense though, I think.

I kinda assume it won’t be anything new though, for those who have followed Trump’s history closely. But maybe good for education of the general public about Trump.

How is that going? Sadly I’ve only read about it. I should though…it seems to have been quite influential.

Some interesting revelations, but fairly shoddy overall, even though I agree with his politics. Read with a (very) skeptical eye.

Well, that should tell you something. Ever read Richard Rorty or John Dewey?