What are you watching?

Club Dread.

No, it wasn’t depressing at all. But this movie had some of the worst camera work that I have ever seen. When they were filming a person standing in one spot you would be aware of the camera movement…it’s as if the cameraman had no control over his body, seriously.

There were also things that I heard Hawking tell very differently, e.g. the movie implies that they got housing more easily than they actually did (after an outburst from his wife-to-be).
In the movie they set it up as if he had a perfect life, and then he got this terrible disease. According to Hawking, however, he was quite depressed and felt very bored with life, and that in some way in that time before he became completely paralysed, he enjoyed life much more. They had to move three times before he found a suitable house…the college turned down his mortgage application later too, because he was too much of a risk.

After about four or five years the College appreciated him more, he said, and offered him housing. In the movie it is portrayed more as a mad rush towards fame and fortune. In fact, it was a bloody struggle all the way.

I find it interesting how many people living with AIDS also say that they appreciated life more after they got sick. Why can’t we live like that all the time? We’re all going to die. What difference does it make whether we think it is 10 or 60 years? It is a very short time. That should be enough inspiration for anybody. But it isn’t.

I’m glad I watched the movie anyways, even though it kind of sucked.

I’m watching my wife sleeping. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m watching “Oprah”. Well, it’s on TV. She’s interviewing Lisa Marie Presley.

She asked her about Michael Jackson and asked “Why?”. A bunch of gibberish came out of her mouth. Just pittiful.

Where can I buy her album? :unamused:

Time to turn the channel.

I watched “The Breakfast Club” today. Man, that movie was my Bible when it first came out. Now they just seem kind of weird. One thing remains true…one does turn into one’s parents. I remember all the crap we used to do at varsity…running around stealing plants and stop signs (wtf?), sneaking into the pool at night, doing drugs and going to class…
On Saturday night I saw a bunch of Western guys running around with those big Taiwan flags as capes, obviously stolen/grabbed on one of those main roads filled with double ten day flags. My first thought? Bloody hell, I’m calling the cops!
What the hell is wrong with me?
:astonished:

I’m often aware that the sweetness of this moment is an ephemeral thing. Time is our master, not we its, and even if we avoid the misfortunes of accidents, disease and war, the time we are given to be together is but a fleeting moment, which makes that experience an infinitely more precious thing.

So, he who dies with the most toys wins.

If I have to watch one more heartwarming story on Hallmark about someone who has overcome a disfiguring and debilitating disease to achieve fame and fortune I’m going to scream.

You’re just jealous because you don’t have anything to overcome, and therefore will never be inspired to greatness.

“The grass is always greener on the other side.”

Knowing the true meaning behind the above quote makes it a false statement.

ZARDOZ. “He gave them the gift of death…”

“King Ralph”

I won’t go to second level with you!

That’s one movie I’d like to see them remake, on the 1% chance they wouldn’t screw it up.

The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou.

Just watched “The Interpreter”. Booooooooooooooooooooring!
Before that, “House of Was”. Stoooooooooooooooooooooopid!
Before that, “Coach Carter”. Not too bad. Not great.

I’m watching the 3rd season of The Sopranos on DVD. I miss Big Pussy. :frowning:

A friend just gave me a copy of “Jackass,” a show produced by MTV. I never heard of it before, but I watched last night. Some people (especially Taiwanese spouses) would surely find it stupid, but I thought it was hilarious. Apparently MTV paid about 6 guys, one of whom is very fat, one is a midget, and all are insane to do totally stupid and crazy things. A few examples:

• Guy rents a car, takes it out and totally demolishes it, returns it and says he doesn’t expect to pay for hte damage b/c he returned it with a full tank of gas.

• Fat guy chasing midget in circles down crowded Tokyo street wearing only sumo wrestler diaper outfit.

• Joy riding, jumping, crashing golf carts out on the golf course.

• Guy goes into plumbing store that sells toilets, sits down on one of them, opens newspaper and takes a crap.

• Guy bungy jumps off tree branch wearing nothing but bungie cord hooked to pair of underwear.

• Guy tightope walks over pit of alligators wearing nothing but jockstrap with dead chicken stuffed in it, which gators are snapping at.

• Guy goes in Japanese store selling stereos, puts on striptease music on one of them and strips down to stripper outfit, salesman runs away in horror, little policeman approaches to stop him, guy takes policeman’s hat puts it on head and dances with cop, who then runs away and starts blowing his whistle.

Yes, it’s totally stupid, but I couldn’t stop laughing.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
Yes, it’s totally stupid, but I couldn’t stop laughing.[/quote]
Does the inside jacket of the CD case have a strange looking picture of something that looks a bit like a matchbox car? Gee, I wonder waht that is. :laughing:

I’ve got 4 and 5 if you want them.

I’ve been watching a LOT of Oprah.(can’t get enough)
Desperate housewives
And Nip Tuck season 3(NEVER EVER can get enough of that show :smiley: :smiley: )

Extras, an HBO/BBC collaboration created by, written by, and starring Ricky Gervais of The Office fame. Steven Merchant plays a recurring role as Gervais’s character’s idiotic agent. [“Look. I type 58,008 in my calculator and turn it over. Lo and behold! BOOBS! You see that? That’s worth knowing idnit?”]

A very funny show and another of those HBO ones that I always try to catch.

The episode with Kate Winslet had me cryin’. Another funny one featured Ben Stiller. Both of these actors are obviously pretty emotionally secure (you’d probably have to see the eps to know why I say that).