What Book Should _________ Read?

Remember the [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/songs-that-should-be-on-bushs-ipod/20129/1 that should be on Bush’s iPod[/url] thread?
Well, how about, “What Book Should _________ Read?”

I’ll start off by suggesting…

for Sen. John McCain.

I’ll order up a copy, and–only with with his permission, of course–add a note which reads,
"With regards, get yourself a dictionary.

Tigerman"

Why? Why of course, because Tigerman taught me that it reads…

[quote=“Lewis Carroll”]When I use a word,'[/b] Humpty Dumpty said, [u]in rather a scornful tone,[/u] [b]it means just what I choose it to mean – neither more nor less.’[/quote]Which is true. It does say that.

Of course, it also says…

[quote=“Lewis Caroll”][color=blue]The question is,'[/b][/color] said Alice, [color=blue][b]whether you can make words mean so many different things.’[/color]
[color=red][b]The question is,[/b][/color]' said Humpty Dumpty, [color=red]which is to be master – that’s all.[/color]’[/quote]
To me, that sounds more like the Lord of the Rings than Humpty Dumpty, nonetheless…

Right, so why this book, and this message, for McCain?
Just LOOK at what he’s said now!

[quote=“John McCain: AP”]COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican Sen. John McCain, a staunch defender of the Iraq war, on Tuesday faulted the Bush administration for misleading Americans into believing the conflict would be “some kind of day at the beach.”

The potential 2008 presidential candidate, who a day earlier had rejected calls for withdrawing U.S. forces, said the administration had failed to make clear the challenges facing the military.

“I think one of the biggest mistakes we made was underestimating the size of the task and the sacrifices that would be required,” McCain said. [color=blue]“Stuff happens, mission accomplished, last throes, a few dead-enders. I’m just more familiar with those statements than anyone else because it grieves me so much that we had not told the American people how tough and difficult this task would be.”[/color]

Those phrases are closely associated with top members of the Bush administration, including the president.

Bush stood below a banner proclaiming “Mission Accomplished” on May 1, 2003 after the collapse of
Saddam Hussein’s regime. The war has continued since then, with the death of more than 2,600 members of the U.S. military. Vice President Dick Cheney said last year that the Iraqi insurgency was “in its final throes.”

The Arizona senator said that talk "has contributed enormously to the frustration that Americans feel today because they were led to believe this could be some kind of day at the beach, which many of us fully understood from the beginning would be a very, very difficult undertaking."[/quote]

And to think… this from a man whose campaign website is Straight Talk America.

[quote=“John McCain: AP”]

“I think one of the biggest mistakes we made was underestimating the size of the task and the sacrifices that would be required,” McCain said. [/quote]

:laughing: :laughing:

no shit,sherlock