What Books Are You Reading?

Really liking the The Druid. I started a 30-day Kindle Unlimited trial to get some Audibles after my eye surgery. It was the first one on the list that looked interesting, and it definitely is.

Since the second book of the Dawning series wonā€™t be out until September, I started the Legends series. About 1/3 of the way through the first book now. I really like the world Wheeler creates and his pacing. Iā€™m used to listening to the audible versions now. It took me a while to get used to the slower pace and giving characters different voices, but it does give you a bit more freedom to see visions in your mind when you donā€™t need to concentrate on reading and itā€™s growing on me.

1 Like

Half way through the second book.
Hard to stop listening.

Next trilogy will beā€¦

Reading this, it analyzes and goes through the history of infiltration of Hollywood by China

1 Like

1 Like

Can we get a table of contents?

Wouldnā€™t bother- sounds incredibly stupid anyway, judging by the title. Americatrash.

1 Like

I like to see whatā€™s inside. But this seems to be less of an investigation than a spin.

It must be easy to write books like that, just basically repeat what your audience want to hear and then see if you can stretch it out to 300 pages. And then wait for the money to roll in.

Im talking the left and right wing versions of these type of books.

1 Like

Just kidding Iā€™m not reading that.

The Shannara Trilogy wasnā€™t free on Unlimited, so Iā€™ll listen to these first.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got back into reading comics. The current X-Men run is excellent. Marvel comics are finally good againā€“or at least, the X-Men are finally good again.

My first American Indian novel. Havenā€™t finished but getting anxious about not knowing. Always a good thing.

Update:

Good goddamn! What a great book. I went into it blind and was getting a bit confused because I wasnā€™t accepting what was what until it was too late to deny.

And I just read the back cover and it says right there what genre it is.

I suggest donā€™t reading it. No need. Youā€™ll learn soon enough.

2 Likes

Reading ā€˜Gone, Girlā€™ (actually listening to it on Audible). I didnā€™t think Iā€™d bother after seeing the film, but it actually goes much deeper than that. A third through it, enjoying it. Very engaging, dual narration.

1 Like

Wait, there is a book and not just a TV show and movie called Gone Girl.

What TV show? The movie is based on the book. If thereā€™s any kind of TV show itā€™s unrelated.

1 Like