What can be done to help our SEA friends currently suffering

some forumosans maybe have their embassy. No?

A couple. Not many. Some donā€™t even have a trade office, I know Ireland doesnā€™t.

then, im right.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know much about this situation butā€¦ it sounds to me like the foreign laborers in Miaoli, who probably already work 50/60 hours per week in crowded conditions, are now being paid their normal salary to stay in quarantine-like conditions, without needing to work, at a time when most of the rest of the country is also not allowed to do much of anything. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

Theyā€™re so terrified of the virus that theyā€™ll happily send foreign laborers to the slaughter.
How about we all go to Miaoli tomorrow, fuck shit up?

I see no justification for posts like this^^

Hereā€™s a video I shot last yearā€¦

^^Positive post and fun video of the moshpit. Thanks for filming and posting it.^^

1 Like

Yeah, I know. Hence ā€œembassyā€.

yes, you are wrong. It is only if they need to be quarantined due to their contact to infected people. If they are not, they are just allowed to go to work.

most of the rest are not banned to go for walk/cycling/shopping etc. as far as they wear mask.

1 Like

How can I argue with you when you then go ahead and praise my videoā€¦

We donā€™t even have a non embassy embassy. We donā€™t even have one representative in Taiwan. :joy: I guess I can be the representative so write to me with your grievancesā€¦

Letter to Self
ā€˜Iā€™m shocked and appalled at the rapid turn to the basest human nature that Taiwan has been taking ā€¦ā€™

'Thank you for your letter. I agree wholeheartedly and will surely be making this known at the highest level of our administration . Yours, hen pecked husband ā€™

Seriously though, I am really not impressed about the recent turn of events. What I can do about it Iā€™m not too sure except to give encouragement to any migrants I meet and voice my discontent with these actions on social media.

1 Like

They are locked in their dorms and have no freedom, no matter what factory they were working in Miaoli it seems.
No matter positive or negative.

Also caregivers are now being pressurised to the same.

Shove yourself in a room and lock the door on yourself and see if it is ā€˜* the same as most of the rest of country *ā€™

I corrected you and you are wrong.

1 Like

Taiwanese associates have told me they support the imprisonment because SEA workers donā€™t care about the restrictions and will just wander everywhere like chickens. Act like chickens and get treated as such seems to be their sentiment.

Iā€™d personally be busting out immediately, consequences be damned.

4 Likes

Ok. So have they put Taiwan nationals working in the same company in forced quarantine cells?

3 Likes

Not defending it, butā€¦

They donā€™t live in dorms though, so there is a slight difference.

And what difference is that? They live in their cheap looking traditional Chinese rusted grill homes - FYI. The virus doesnā€™t care for that. If there are multiple people living there, they will likely spread.

1 Like

Maybe dorms is Taiwan are different, but sharing bathrooms and living space with family is quite different than sharing it with scores of people.

1 Like

no its not. as has been proven medically of which ā€œRaceā€ and ā€œsuperraceā€ of people have been infected in taiwan.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one on this forum that did a 15-day quarantine here at a time when the rest of Taiwan was completely open. Staring outside the window of a small hotel room and watching free people go about their lives, it felt a bit like being in prison. I passed the time by not doing work (in other words, relaxing), eating bland biandangs thrice a day, and did a lot of reading and sit-ups, using the free time to rest and chill.

2 Likes

There is an obvious difference. If not, why close schools and advocate for WFH. They made people with places to go in Taiwan leave university dorms, too.

Residents in one dorm get sick, and then they go into other dorms and a vicious cycle repeats itself.

Iā€™m not advocating their imprisonment, but to say there is no difference between a dorm and a normal home is ludicrous.

1 Like

Of the number of infected till now, whatā€™s the percentage of those living in dorms vs at home ?

No idea, but youā€™d need to look at percentages not general numbers.