What can you get in Taiwan that you cant get in Hong Kong?

On what body of evidence can you claim this as “standard”?

Scuba,
I think you skipped step 2.

You are right Chain smoker I didnt really get any great ideas from my original post ,some of the answers amused me though, but then I have a relatively low amusement threshold. As an underwater psychotherapist
I meet few marine organisms with highly developed senses of humor, hence I find terrestial life constantly amusing.

& Taiwan is definately more amusing than Hong Kong. I find the people
here can laugh at themselves more.

& Soddom , in my part of the ocean we donot rely on data driven decisions , its more intuition & the smell of fish.

I’ve had a poweful fish aversion since puberty :sunglasses:

[quote=“Scuba”]I am relatively new to Segue…Having read some past threads , is the standard course of a thread .

1. Sensible question
  2. Some reasonable / humorous answers.
  3. Someone mentions penis size
  4. Big debate on above
  5. Move to flame forum
  6. And relaxxxxxxx

Thought I would stop this one at 3. to save everyones time[/quote]

Hey bub, don’t letz deez guz fool ya, dat isn’t da way dings work around here right boss?

A serious suggestion for the initial question: Taiwan Bamboo!

LazyMF, picking a fight for no reason? Aceman simply avoided saying whether or not that was his opinion, not that he had no opinion because he hadn’t met any HK people.

Scuba, it’s getting more and more difficult to buy something unique anywhere. I’m currently in LA, and in the local mall there are shops that sell the types of unique things that tourists would typically buy (e.g. woven bags from Thailand hill tribes, carved jade Buddhas, etc). Still, just having bought something in a different place makes it special. And you get a much better selection. Teapots and jade are always popular souvenirs. Something from the National Palace Museum. It’s tough to find something especially unique to Taiwan if the person visiting isn’t familiar with the area and it’s history. I suppose visitors who really want something unique to Taiwan ought to carefully check their great bargain to ensure it wasn’t “Made in China” !

And finally, zhen zhu nai cha. Here in LA, you’ll find “boba” tea shops here and there. Mostly in Asian enclaves, but they are also popping up in other suburban strip malls.

Come on, this was a tongue-in-cheek post anyway! Sure, if the question had been phrased “What can you get in Hong Kong that you can’t get in Taiwan?” then maybe this would have been a productive thread.
Maybe i should start a thread about what’s cool and what’s not in Wugu township.

a shag.

a shag.[/quote]

Speak for yourself! :smiley:

Taiwan Bamboo ? Is that food or ornamental ? Can you buy it in a form that can be taken away in gift form ?

Regarding the shag. I presume you mean shag pile carpets & rugs.The old ones all seem to come from China & the new rugs in the shops are made in Belgium. Also there is guy with an Indian accent who keeps phoning me & asking if I want to buy rugs from Afganistan/Thailand etc.

Slightly (totally in fact) off thread but what is Karma .? I notice that most people have a similar amount to thier number of posts whereas Monkey seems to be particularly poorly endowed in the Karma department

I gave my karma back to the creator. Partly because I think that the older star system of rating was better (posters ranked by their peers on quality of posts, not by how much they spam the boards with their inane drivel), and partly because I know that these points could be arbitrarily removed at any time if I make a post that ruffles a moderator’s feathers.

Given mine to G, too.

Thanks for the karma top-up Hexuan, but i really don’t want it. I made another donation. You might as well just give to straight to the creator and cut out the middleman.

OK. I’ll post in another thread about this and put a link in here.

well the " beetel nut girls " :laughing: :laughing: