What can you smell in your apartment?

The scent of the wild ginger that grows along the river is filling my apartment. Intoxicating.

What are you smelling right now?

Coffee and peanut butter toast right now.

I knew I had a winner with this thread title. :laughing:

French toast.

And I think someone just farted.

Well, Stray Dog was round a few months ago, so as you can imagine, his stink still lingers.

At the moment it’s lime and black pepper rice crackers. Yum.

Typical slacker foreigner.
Only in Taiwan would a grown man assume that at 1030 on a weekday, respondents would have the same answer for “right now” and “at home”.
Get a job, punk.
And a haircut, while you’re at it.
At home I can smell my women, whatever’s cookin’, and the four or five mountains at the foot of which my funky little lurve shack is nestled.
On the other hand, right now I can smell my Boss’s flip flops, the remains of whatever toxic brew they used to clean the carpets on the weekend, and traces of multi-chain polymers and ozone drifting up from the first-floor R & D and testing labs. All with a subtle but persistent undercurrent of rank mendacity.
When I go up on the roof for a smoke in about 10 minutes, I’ll smell mushrooms from all the standing water after yesterday’s rains.
FWIW I was in your beloved Muzha on Saturday morning for a singing competition my kid was in.
Don’t even think about asking me what I smelled there…

Uro could tell you that ozone down low is bad, but ozone up high is good . . .

so you’re lucky . . .

or at least luckier than those on the 1st floor.

Ah, life as a freelancer. :smiley:

[quote=“the chief”]Typical slacker foreigner.
Only in Taiwan would a grown man assume that at 1030 on a weekday, respondents would have the same answer for “right now” and “at home”.
Get a job, punk.
At home I can smell my women, whatever’s cookin’, and the four or five mountains at the foot of which my funky little lurve shack is nestled.
On the other hand, right now I can smell my Boss’s flip flops, the remains of whatever toxic brew they used to clean the carpets on the weekend, and traces of multi-chain polymers and ozone drifting up from the first-floor R & D and testing labs. All with a subtle but persistent undercurrent of rank mendacity.
When I go up on the roof for a smoke in about 10 minutes, I’ll smell mushrooms from all the standing water after yesterday’s rains.
FWIW I was in your beloved Muzha on Saturday morning for a singing competition my kid was in.
Don’t even think about asking me what I smelled there…[/quote]

Well, that sure stunk up the place. :cactus:

[quote=“Mucha Man”][quote=“the chief”]Typical slacker foreigner.
Get a job, punk.

Well, that sure stunk up the place. :cactus:[/quote]

Oh yeah (in my Russell Crowe voice) on the front balcony you can smell raw plant rot from the jungle my wife keeps out there that’s so freaking dense it almost shuts out the sun and that gives me Jumanji-type nightmares of a vine snaking in and making off with me if I piss her off too much, and on the back balcony you can smell the ginger and peppers and other herbs that she grows.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“the chief”]Typical slacker foreigner.
Get a job, punk.

Well, that sure stunk up the place. :cactus:[/quote]

Oh yeah (in my Russell Crowe voice) on the front balcony you can smell raw plant rot from the jungle my wife keeps out there that’s so freaking dense it almost shuts out the sun and that gives me Jumanji-type nightmares of a vine snaking in and making off with me if I piss her off too much, and on the back balcony you can smell the ginger and peppers and other herbs that she grows.[/quote]

You’re just jealous cause I’m at work in my underwear and you are wearing some monkey suit borrowed from Irish stu this morning after he stained your neckties with baby oil and got lipstick on your shirt collar.

I was coughing a little and so I got some chewing gum because it was upsetting the office ladies. I would hate to be responsible for exacerbating that horrible smell that only emanates from the loins of distressed office women. I have a little bit of the bronchitis. Not contagious.

Oatmeal with maple syrup, and freshly ground coffee. :thumbsup:

Ah, today you’re not the only one. Daughter is suspect swine flu - looks like I’ll be working from home all week - and I ain’t even sick.

Wireless vpn, cordless phone, rattan daybed, Ice-tea with mint from my garden - why do I ever go to work?

I smell pandan flowers. Smells like…victory.

Where can I get some of this Swine flu?

Sorry, but that belongs in the WCIF area.

Another slacker freelancer stops typing for dollars so he contribute something worthless:

I live in a house, not an apartment. Generally speaking I don’t smell much because of sinus problems years ago. I believe this is one reason why I can live happily in Asia for years…

Sometimes I smell my neighbours’ cooking. Then I close the balcony door. We don’t have any pets, so no animal smells. The dirty laundry’s on the top floor.

So not much really. But I am enjoying that wet smell after an afternoon of drizzle.

Mold and mildew.

I can smell any way I want in my own apartment.