What did I see someone stick on their car?

This morning the driver of the large BMW stopped in front of me at the light got out of his car and stuck 2 small square panels onto the exterior, on the side column behind each passenger door.

I have no idea what they might have been for. They were pretty nondescript: plain black, about 6 x 6 inches, looked pliable and magnetic from the ease with which he stuck them on before getting back in the car. No visible wires or anything, but I suspected they must have some discreet communications/electronics functionality.

Anyone seen something like this?

anti alien eavesdropping devices.

Like a tinfoil hat.

An ETC scrambler for toll avoidance.

Good one. The ETC transponder system charges NT$38 at each toll station. When the system fails, it uses number plate recognition and charges the driver NT$40.

The only thing a driver can “avoid” is the NT$2 discount. :wink:

He is playing a very complicated version of Chinese Chess.

At least it’s not one of those obnoxious Baby On Board stickers. :thumbsdown:

Those make my day, especially when I see one on the back of a huuuge SUV driven by a woman so small she can barely see over the steering wheel, running red lights and mowing down scooters. Out of my way, peasants! Baby on board!

They’re actually to tell the emergency services, when the car is upside-down in a muddy field, to look for a baby either in the car or in the surrounding area, as they are difficult to spot amongst the crushed seats or the jagged metallic exterior of the smouldering frame, especially as clues such as booster seats are usually absent.

They’re actually to tell the emergency services, when the car is upside-down in a muddy field, to look for a baby either in the car or in the surrounding area, as they are difficult to spot amongst the crushed seats or the jagged metallic exterior of the smouldering frame, especially as clues such as booster seats are usually absent.[/quote]
Damn! I’d never thought of that! Bloody good idea, in that case. I’m getting one.

“Baby in Car”

I think they should do a more accurate one as per Hans’ post. “Baby under flaming wreckage”.

George Carlin gets the final word on the Baby On Board subject.

Those make my day, especially when I see one on the back of a huuuge SUV driven by a woman so small she can barely see over the steering wheel, running red lights and mowing down scooters. Out of my way, peasants! Baby on board![/quote]
That should be ‘Baby in Car’ in Taiwan.

They’re actually to tell the emergency services, when the car is upside-down in a muddy field, to look for a baby either in the car or in the surrounding area, as they are difficult to spot amongst the crushed seats or the jagged metallic exterior of the smouldering frame, especially as clues such as booster seats are usually absent.[/quote]
Damn! I’d never thought of that! Bloody good idea, in that case. I’m getting one.[/quote]
But then you need to bring the baby at all times, else risking getting fined for false information and obstruction of emergency services … :ponder: