What Did We Learn From Hillary Clinton?

It doesn’t … I guess they don’t screen Ph.D. candidates very well for “logic” in the astrophysics program at University of California. :unamused:

Tomyang, if you have a Ph.D., then I’d think you’d have learned how to make a logical argument and then back it up with solid evidence … no wait, I forgot about how many theses and dissertations written by Chinese students in America are plagiarized … nevermind.

Well there are different kinds of logic, Littlebuddha, for example the logic that most rational people subscribe to, and the logic of hysterics, ie they are not submitting to my patronization so i am going to launch into a series of nationalistic rants, blah blah blah.

What I want to know Tomyang, in fact I thought you were Thai at first :slight_smile:, who are the rest of these “100,000”? I might believe you were Taiwanese even though your opinions just strike me as well a bit different then the thousands of Taiwanese people I have met since coming here. But this business of the elite 100,000 is just a bit hard to swallow. Where are they? I haven’t noticed them around here, that’s for sure!

Your logics would easily overcome my Chinglish as long as you’re willing to read my starting post. Come’n, be fair! Not only did I read every word you typed, but I also try to understand what you meant.
For example, I just did some rookie’s homework and found out what Richardm’s “Nancy Wu” is all about. Got a good laugh, too.
As you can check, I found this website and registered myself less than 20 hours ago. It took me a while to realize it’s an all-white cafe in Taiwan! Welcome to the Treasure Island! Too bad I’m sending you greetings from the roads in deep Quebec… -20C here. Remember those “Oui ou Non” referendums in 80’ and 95’?

I’ll wait for you to re-collect and finish slingshots before I give my accounts on Taiwan’s future. When it comes to democracy, my
one vote is no more and no less than that of a farmer in Tainan, except that I also preach :unamused:
(now, pls don’t come back and ask if I am priest!)

I think people have been very fair to you. Your first post was insulting, condescending and featured one of the poorest comparisons of circumstances ever made in the history of politics! Hilary Clinton and Taiwan? But you have failed to answer one question several times!

How would re-unification with China benefit Taiwan?

Oh, goody! I can’t wait to read that!

[quote=“tomyang”] When it comes to democracy, my
one vote is no more and no less than that of a farmer in Tainan[/quote]

Does that upset you?

Yes, we’d noticed!

Oh, but you do seem to have a faith! You blindly believe that Taiwan should re-unify with China. Why?

We need to see some reasons and you have not provided any reasonable argument.

[quote]When it comes to democracy, my

But you’d agree that your vote and the Tainan farmer’s vote are important to you and him, no?
Why, then, are you so keen to give up your right to vote, your life under democracy and live under an authoritarian communist regime? Oh, wait, of course, you don’t have to, do you? You’re safe in Canada. :unamused:

Tomyang, I have a few questions that might help us better understand your point of view. I noticed that you didn’t include any military service in your personal history. I’m not automatically assuming that you didn’t do your required military service, but I have to ask, did you serve?

I would also like to know if you:
a.) Hold a non-ROC/PRC passport.
b.) If you don’t have non-Chinese nationality, do you have rights of permanent residency in the U.S., Canada or any other nation?

Also, I am assuming you have at least visited the PRC. How much time have you spent there? What places have you visited? What sort of people did you associate with when you were there?

More denials here… but this [color=blue]Jive Turkey[/color] is very important and I have
to reply now.

You sound like my interrogator countryman? I’ve been waiting for you…
If you’re indeed from Taiwan, I got on this mission of world-preaching
tour all devoted to you-- the genuine Taiwan traitor!

1. Yes, I did the military service in Tai-Chung.
  2. No, I’ve had 5 good old “Republic of China” passports all stamped
    up with visas & all that. No other passport. “Tom Yang” is the real
    name on my passports, and your name is?
  3. I have currently legal status to stay in Canada, but I’m leaving
    with my 37’ sailboat after outfits, continuing on my around the world & beyonds.
    Check out my website if you’re interested at all. I left US after more
    than 10 years there. Think about it — more than 10 years in the
    States and I didn’t bother the US citizenship or green card. Canada
    is just another stop during my long trip.
  4. This can be my weakness… I’ve been to so many places but I’ve
    never been to my home – China :mrgreen: I thought I can always
    go there later… and I need a good half year to travel around
    anyway. On and on, … never been there… Bizarre! Sure will visit
    China next April after I visit Taiwan & vote the election.

What’s next? You want to know how many “mainlanders” I’ve known all
over the world? A couple of thousands not including students. Did I
accept any money or goodies from the “Chinese government”? No. I
didn’t open my mouth till very recently. They didn’t know me. However,
if they ask for it tomorrow, I’ll offer to work for them for free.

FYI, I voted for DPP candidate, 尤清, for the Taipei County Governor
and two others for different posts. I was all against KMT in my collage days for democracy.

More questions? Bring’em on! Many visitors here may feel embarrassed
of seeing your bold tactics of raising personal accusations. Welcome to
the politics in Taiwanese style!

You’ve just blinded yourself for all these years and refused to acknowlege the
sheer existence of ordinary people like me. You have no excuse to say
that you didn’t see me. You have a selective eyesight of 70% reduction
to totally miss me on the streets.

You still haven’t answered the most important question: in what ways would the people of Taiwan benefit from the unification of ROC and PRC?

[quote]You have no excuse to say
that you didn’t see me. You have a selective eyesight of 70% reduction
to totally miss me on the streets.[/quote]

Um, I do have an excuse. Unlike you, I live in Taiwan so no, I haven’t seen you on the streets. If you actually lived here you would also see that there really aren’t very many people “like you” here. Maybe the situation in Canada is different.
And you still haven’t told us why you want the Taiwanese to give up democracy and live under communism.

[quote=“sandman”]And you still haven’t told us why you want the Taiwanese to give up democracy and live under communism.[/quote]I don’t think the reunificationists want that either. They want the mainland to give up communism and take up democracy first. The KMT are no fans of the commies either. The didn’t reunify under communism before Chen Shuibian and I don’t see why they would afterwards.

BFM, you, know that and I know that. So how are Lien and Soong going to bring that about? By asking Wen Jiabao nicely? Shall I start holding my breath now?

Anyway, Tom Yang has said that he’s going to make a flying visit to vote in March before flying straight back out away from any danger. Presumably he’s going to vote for white terror, black gold and unification. Does this mean Tom Yang believes the communist regime is going to step aside and make way for democracy within the next three months?

Oh yeah, the ordinary Taiwanese Chinese nationalists living in Canada who are going to head back on their yacht for the next election. I forgot about them! Ok, you got me, 70% easy.

[quote=“sandman”][quote]When it comes to democracy, my

But you’d agree that your vote and the Tainan farmer’s vote are important to you and him, no?
Why, then, are you so keen to give up your right to vote, your life under democracy and live under an authoritarian communist regime? Oh, wait, of course, you don’t have to, do you? You’re safe in Canada. :unamused:[/quote]

Canada is a communist regime. Its more Stalinist than North Korea in my humble opinion (and Lord Blacks) :laughing:

Tomyang,

Is this the kind of government you wish upon the people of Taiwan?

China Detains Another Cyber Activist
Sat December 20, 2003 12:39 PM ET

HONG KONG (Reuters) - China has detained a cyber activist for posting pro-democracy essays and poems on foreign Web sites, the latest in a string of detentions or convictions of Internet dissidents, a human rights group said on Saturday.

. . . Beijing’s high court had also declined to allow dissident He Depu to lodge an appeal against a November 6 ruling, which sentenced him to eight years in jail for releasing four essays on the Internet, it said.

reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm … ID=4026560

[quote=“tomyang”]I am at the position of HC and I try to get your attension to listen
to what a Taiwanese has to say. You don’t bother.
[/quote]
Tomyang, you got it right when you said you are just

It takes a village.

So, what DID we learn?

1. Baking cookies is fun!

2. Hairstyles are important! (For him AND her.)

3. Don’t let the missus bother her pretty little head with complicated stuff like health insurance, it makes it that much more difficult when you have to fire her for imcompetence.

4. Ladies–I know the taste can be off-putting, but some things are worth learning to like.

5. “Primary Colors,” both the book and the movie, was greeted as speculative but viewed in retrospect as eerily prophetic.

6. Note to future first ladies: Try not to make half the country hate you. It could interfere with your future political career.

Even if I were arrogant, you shouldn’t let the pride block your reasoning.
We’re discussing a very big issue here.

Yesterday, I wrote a long explainations about why Taiwan should
not seek immediate independence. When I re-read it and edited it, I
realized there’s nothing new in it – history, blood, pride, democracy,
corruption, crime, economy, resources, military, wars, international affairs,
“one China, two systems”, Time Table, European Union, Hong Kong,
KMT, USA, even Tibet, Mongolia – it’s all been said repeatly
every single day, and readily available in Taiwan, even in good English.
Sigh, do I have a translation project here? with my Chinglish?
Once you step out of door, turn on your TV, radio or computer,
you have to be deaf and blind not to be aware of the “WHY”!

The problem is you are not deaf or blind… you are just pulling my legs
and wasting my time. How nice… I’ve got other things to do.

There’re actually 250,000+ Chinese with “common senses” (try
to avoid the word “elite” here) spreading all over the places. We
came from China, HK, Taiwan and other global Chinese communities.
We have a chapter to close and it will be closed in this generation.
Oh, no, is this some kind of “prophecy”… what about “consensus”?
I quoted you a conservative 100,000 after discounting all possibilities.
You may eventually accept the number, nonetheless, immediately
following with that typical wishful thinking (try not to use “denial” again)
that there’s nothing common to glue these 250K, or 100K loose
sands together. Your contempt always helps.

Keep up the good work! One down, 99,999 to go! Before you call me
chicken, just remember I am the only one here with a real name.

Stand by your man.

Avoid large floral prints if you’ve got a big butt, they’ll just make it look bigger.