What do you believe?

Don’t go Cathy Newman style.

And to believe we’re created by a superior being is not a simply theory at all. At least this is a very important foundation western civilization rests upon.

Our quest for God is just one small ego drama. The whole Bible is about God’s quest for us, our participation in the theo drama. So be patient, maybe someday God comes seeking for u.

And evil existed as long as God existed.

By the way, do Mormons practice polygamy?

Why do you know the god is him?

My apologies if I was unclear.

There were two times when God walked with men.

There first time was before men rejected God. The world was nearly perfect. We call this the Garden of Eden. God gave man a choice between following his ways and seeking their own wellbeing apart from God. Sadly, man chose themselves… and the world was never the same afterward.

The second time was, as you rightly point out, during the Roman Empire. But the world was far from perfect the second time God walked this earth. This was a second chance, so to speak, but these two times were under very different circumstances.

That’s a very interesting question. The simple answer is yes. But the full answer is a bit complicated.

Let’s define what we mean by “want to connect with God.”

Jesus once told a story about a son who asked his father for his inheritance and spent everything on prostitutes, drinking, and other licentious behavior. When he ran out of money, he came to his senses, repented of his ways, came crawling back to his father, and begged for forgiveness. The father rejoiced to have his son back. If we’re like the son, and desire to reconnect with God in this kind of way, then yes, we will see him and he will reveal himself to us.

But let’s suppose the story Jesus told had a different ending. Suppose the son, after coming to God senses, wrote a letter to his father and asked for more money. He doesn’t have a change of heart. This story would have ended very differently.

Sadly, when most people think that they’re trying to reconnect with God, they’re actually more like the second story. Many of us would prefer to connect with God on our terms. I want to know what’s in it for me before I turn to him. And many of us certainty don’t want to admit that we have done wrong things and really don’t want to change the way we live.

If you want to reconnect with God, then yes God will reveal himself to you (by the way, we don’t need to wait for every man, woman, and child to desire to connect with him). But first, that desire need to be more that just wanting to get something from God. It needs to be motivated by a genuine desire to change.

This is why so few people have truly desired to connect with God. It’s not that they don’t want God in their lives. It’s that they don’t want to connect when God on his terms.

1 Like

I don’t know if God is a him.

and I’d say it’s understandable that in our own capacity of reasoning, we think we need to assign a gender on God. That’s how we now have episcopal church derailing to the deep end of postmodernism.

Traditionally, the Holy Spirit is portrayed as a white dove, a tongue of fire, or wind. So what gender do you assign to God?:sweat_smile:

Catehchism:
369 Man and woman have been created, which is to say, willed by God: on the one hand, in perfect equality as human persons; on the other, in their respective beings as man and woman. “Being man” or “being woman” is a reality which is good and willed by God: man and woman possess an inalienable dignity which comes to them immediately from God their Creator.240 Man and woman are both with one and the same dignity “in the image of God”. In their “being-man” and “being-woman”, they reflect the Creator’s wisdom and goodness.

370 In no way is God in man’s image. He is neither man nor woman. God is pure spirit in which there is no place for the difference between the sexes. But the respective “perfections” of man and woman reflect something of the infinite perfection of God: those of a mother and those of a father and husband.

I don’t think God’s gender is the issue; the real problem is some counterfeit faith groups exploiting it to oppress women.

1 Like

my image of the god is a man, because that is what I have been inputted through many ways. I just wondered why you guys know the god is male.

Polygamy is illegal, so, no.

in US. Can they do it in other countries where it is legal?

There are a large number of Mormon fundamentalists who actually still practice polygamy in the US. It’s officially illegal and the Mormon church itself won’t countenance it. But it goes on.

maybe you’ve been input that way.
maybe that’s the way God chooses to reveal to you.
if you ever need a motherly figure to comfort you, he does provide you with Mother Mary and all those great female saints.

I can only speak for myself.
My image of God is an old guy living a hermit life in the woods or a cave.

But with super high speed Wi-Fi right?

nah, that’s just bronze age tech for earthlings.

are you accepting Marianismo?

By this, do u mean the Hispanic American folk culture?

HEY…hey…and Canada.

actually, I don’t know. What you said sounds like you think I can worship Mary as the god if I need. Isn’t it what Christianity forbids?

Oh yeah, 1000 nutters in Bountiful, BC. Who else is there?

Did u tell Jesus what u want yet?

Huge population in southern Alberta, north of the Montana border.

Mounting legislation and prosecution of polygamists within the United States LDS population led to additional expansion. In 1884, LDS President John Taylor …instructed Charles Ora Card of Logan, Utah to investigate, and if possible, establish similar communities of refuge in Canada. Card led a small group of explorers into Alberta in 1886 and selected a settlement site. In 1887 enough settlers arrived from northern Utah to establish the community of Cardston.[5] By 1895, many additional LDS based communities had been established in nearby areas in the province, partially because of a labour contract with the Alberta Irrigation Company.

Welcome to the Jell-O Belt.

And yeah, I got relatives in there…