What do you believe?

ETA: Pretty sure nikud is uncountable, obviating the need for the im suffix
Just sayin

1 Like

I see. I didn’t knew that. At University we always used the plural. Did you also study theology?

No, your grammar was sound, it’s just kind of an arcane exception. I only know about it because so many modern practitioners eschew its use entirely.

Dude, I don’t even have opposable thumbs, come on.

Yet you are communicating with us on the internet.

He pays some lackey to type for him.

Yeah, “communicating” would be stretching it

Is that autocorrect (countenance?).

Anyone who practices polygamy is excommunicated from the mainstream Mormon church, including those in African countries where it’s legal.

I believe that we all lose sight of the good things we have. Even in hard times, we have it good. Trump/Climate/Jobs all seem to be less important when we see some of the heartbreak out there. RIP little man.

3 Likes

I believe that without exception everybody is fighting a hard fight the best way they know how, and that they deserve my total attention, my best listening, and my utmost respect for that, human being to human being.

Another way of saying that I try to take everybody’s side in any argument, I try hard to imagine myself walking in their shoes, and I try my utmost best not to judge unnecessarily. I acknowledge that at times judgment is necessary, however. This is for my own well being.

I believe this takes multiple skills to accomplish. I try to work at that skill set constantly: it’s my most important responsibility to my fellow man.

And I think that is probably a more palatable way of saying that I believe profoundly in the Golden Rule.

3 Likes

Joking :joy:

1 Like

Some fight to deal with reality, and some fight to resist awareness of reality. The latter group will never have my respect. Or trust.

Do unto others as the situation warrants. Anything else is unwise.

Looks OK to me.

Oxford Languages | The Home of Language Data

https://ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=countenance

3 Likes

what’s a mainstream mormon church?
it’s not like roman catholic or eastern orthodox that has authority teachings and an ecclesiastical order that structure hopefully a genuine unity.

Well, no, there’s a mainstream Mormon church based in Utah but the thing is there’s hundreds of splinter churches that splintered off specifically because of the marriage issue, so anyone who wanted to keep their extra wives simply had to go down the road, or move to Canada.

Religions are forever splintering themselves over doctrinal issues.

1 Like

The mainstream Mormon Church is HQ’d in Salt Lake City. It does have a magisterium like Rome and the Orthodox church. It’s also a sacramental and sacerdotal faith, which is ironic because it was birthed into a very anti-Catholic environment.

3 Likes

What I believe is that we should let the mystery be. These are personal, long held and maybe constantly evolving views. Stay healthy and happy people, we are but specks of dust moving around a possibly infinite expanse of god knows what :slight_smile:

1 Like