What do you do for T.V. entertainment?

I am curious what people do in Taiwan when they just want to be a couch potato.

Do you simply watch HBO Asia?

Do you use the internet? (this is what I do even though I have cable)

Rent/buy DvD’s?

Let’s hear it. I am looking for new alternatives.

Clouds. I don’t have the concentration span for TV.

Clouds? Is that Chinese for smog? :smiley:

Is Star World available anywhere anymore?

If so…Then Star World

Blue skies on the 18th floor. :rainbow:

star world is just a T.V. guide isn’t it?

Do you mean you use it to see what is on cable here?

It doesn’t look like a P2P broadcaster. Do/did you order it like cable? Is it for your computer or you T.V.?

Ner, it’s a channel, but not everywhere has it. Has American TV shows like The Simpsons on it and stuff like that. Not sure if you can get it if you haven’t already got it.

Here I found a cool website that has some entertainment value for some western/American flavor.

morpheus

1. Setup your torrent client before leaving for work.
  2. Download TV shows during work
  3. Come back and watch shows after work

Taiwanese TV is pathetic and they butcher most of the decent shows from HBO by removing swearing and offensive material. (
no bewbies =(
)

[quote=“Qrap”]1. Setup your torrent client before leaving for work.
2. Download TV shows during work
3. Come back and watch shows after work[/size])[/quote]

Torrents have thier place, however I like using this.

Star World is still available in Taichung. I’m not sure I could last long without my Simpson’s fix.

I usually zone out through 1/4th of a movie (usually the English movie channels), watch some crazy Japanese game show, or see if something I like is on Star World (usually not though.)

I don’t think I usually watch more than an hour or 2 of TV/day (maybe I should start logging that some how, might be interesting…) When I do watch TV, it usually while eating (even though I heard that’s bad somehow.)

When I upgrade adsl to 8m with Chung Hwa they give a year free broadband TV nothing much really there’s an Australian and French network also CNBC we are not into pay per view stuffs and can’t understand French this free gift is a joke to me.