What do you get when you google "foreigners": am I suffering from geo-location syndrome?

When I google the term ‘foreigners’ I get the following results:

Is this because I am searching from Taiwan, or is it because ‘foreigner’ is a dominantly Taiwanese term? What do you get when you search for ‘foreigner’ and how can I get out of the geo-location echo-effect?

Every link on mine has to do with the band, but I happened to listen to a couple of their songs recently.

Thanks for the reply. Did you add the make sure to add the “s”?

I spend most of my days asking this question.

BTW: love the band.

DoH. It was myself that forgot to add the “S”.

We teach what we need to learn.

Pluralization counts! Now all five of yours are in my top six. The wiki page for the band is the other one. Obviously I am in Taiwan as well. I’d say this suggests pretty strongly that location is a factor. We’ll have to wait for a non-resident of the beautiful isle to chip in.

Now mayhaps we are floating about in the same geo-location chamber, catching echoes instead of pokemon. We need someone outside of +886 to google the term ‘foreigners’ to see what comes up.

Pardon. I see you already said that.

I am in the East Bay , CA and i got this result by googling
foreigners:

Google

foreigners

AllNewsImagesVideosAppsMoreSearch tools
About 47,200,000 results (0.56 seconds)
Search Results
Foreigner | The Official Website

Foreigner
The Official Foreigner Website, Fan Club and Store.
Foreigner (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia
Foreigner is a British-American hard rock band, originally formed in New York City in 1976 by veteran English musician Mick Jones and fellow Briton and …
‎Discography · ‎Mick Jones · ‎Lou Gramm · ‎Kelly Hansen
Foreigner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia
Foreigner may refer to: Alien (law), a person in a country who is not a citizen or permanent resident of that country. It does generally not include a stateless individual.
‎Music · ‎Literature · ‎Film and theatre · ‎Journalism
Foreigner | Define Foreigner at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/foreigner
Foreigner definition, a person not native to or naturalized in the country or jurisdiction under consideration; alien. See more.
Foreigner - definition of foreigner by The Free Dictionary
www.thefreedictionary.com/foreigner
One who is from a foreign country or place. 2. One who is from outside a particular group or community; an outsider. American Heritage® Dictionary of the …
foreigner - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/foreigner
A foreigner is someone from another country. A foreigner is not from these parts. Things that are foreign are different and unknown to people. Likewise, a foreigner is someone from a different country. An American visiting China is a foreigner.
Foreigners.cz: Feel at home in the Czech Republic
www.foreigners.cz/
Foreigners.cz agency helps foreign/international students and expats in the Czech Republic to relocate and live here.
Foreigner | Definition of Foreigner by Merriam-Webster
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/foreigner
Merriam‑Webster
Define foreigner: a person who is from a country that is not your own — foreigner in a sentence.
foreigner - Wiktionary
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/foreigner
Wiktionary
foreigner (plural foreigners). A person from a foreign country. A private job run by an employee at a trade factory rather than going through the business.
Foreigner Journey Tribute show
www.foreignersjourneytribute.com/
FOREIGNERS JOURNEY. This is the only venue where you can catch the best Foreigner Journey Tribute show in the US . AForeigner/Journey Tribute Show …
Searches related to foreigners
foreigners greatest hits
define foreigners
bloody foreigners
foreigners fabolous
foreigners around the world
foreigners band
foreigners pronunciation
foreigners definition
Next
Image result for foreigners
Foreigner
Rock band
foreigneronline.com
Available on

iHeartRadio

YouTube

Spotify
More music services
Foreigner is a British-American hard rock band, originally formed in New York City in 1976 by veteran English musician Mick Jones and fellow Briton and ex-King Crimson member Ian McDonald along with American vocalist Lou Gramm. Wikipedia
Lead singers: Lou Gramm (1992 – 2003), Kelly Hansen (Since 2005)
Events
Sat, Oct 29
6:00 PM
Modesto, CA
Gallo Center For the Arts
Wed, Aug 24
6:30 PM
Boise, ID
Western Idaho Fair
Thu, Aug 25
6:00 PM
Kennewick, WA
Benton Franklin Fair & Rodeo
View 25+ more
Songs
I Want to Know What Love Is
Agent Provocateur · 1984

Waiting for a Girl Like You

Results for me, via Firefox on Ubuntu (not sure if default settings would make a difference, I haven’t knowingly changed anything), searching from within Taiwan.

Tfw someone publicly admits to listening to Foreigner.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/006/077/so_good.jpg

1 Like

I got the same as OP. Taipei. EXPLORER!!! :confounded:

It might have something to do with which Google website you’re using. Is it google.com.tw or just plain google.com? I’m using google.com and I didn’t get any Taiwan-specific search results. There may be other google settings that I’ve adjusted in the past to be different from the default, but I’m not sure.

Yep, .tw for me.

I entertained the idea of having I Want To Know What Love Is play at my wedding for some comic relief but ultimately decided against it.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. The .tw geolocation tends to bring the term up it seems. In other locations, it’s just a definition, or a band.