What do YOU miss about your home country~

In America:

Walking to Starbucks near my home =)
My cat Mark Dengel
Shopping at Saks Fifth Ave in NYC =)

In England:
My friends
Sitting in the park

Friends, life after work, driving car for pure relaxation. Driving 160 km/h at night on the Autobahn over a long distance. Or finding out how fast the car goes at night on the Autobahn for sheer fun. Nature, clean air, time to breathe it.

Oh I am such a pathetic winer. Not a wiener, a winer. Only have been twice to Vienna.

carne asada fries!

Not really my “home” country but I am a US citizen.

I miss drunk sorority girls.
Driving my car around and bumping music for fun.
Taco Bell
Non-Asian women, I need a some variety once in a while.
Halloween, Christmas, ect
my friends

The dog, my sister, the food, shopping,
Superking

Drier climate. Wall to wall carpeting. And though I know it’s not good for the environment, central A/C and heating. That’s what struck me last time I was home- it’s just so COMFORTABLE everywhere.
It seems like products pass more rigorous R&D standards before they hit market. Stuff is easier to use and doesn’t break as much.
Businesses that are data-driven and do research to know what works before they offer a product or service to market, I guess.
The strange comfort of understanding language and customs.
Clothes that don’t have sequins and bows and crap on them. Easier to find used clothing and other products! I hate buying new.
A wider variety of men who speak my language, including men who say, without a hint of irony, “Of course I’m a feminist!” and act accordingly.
Being able to contribute to discourse about interesting issues. I know there are people who talk about interesting things here- I just miss out because I don’t speak Chinese.
Never hearing, “Bu hao yi su, Gin tien mayo!” in restaurants.
Knowing how to get things done without stepping on toes and committing faux pas.
My family. My friends.

But there are so many reasons I’m in Taiwan instead of America =) guess that’s a subject for another thread.

Living animals

[quote=“NonTocareLeTete”]Drier climate. Wall to wall carpeting. And though I know it’s not good for the environment, central A/C and heating. That’s what struck me last time I was home- it’s just so COMFORTABLE everywhere.
It seems like products pass more rigorous R&D standards before they hit market. Stuff is easier to use and doesn’t break as much.
Businesses that are data-driven and do research to know what works before they offer a product or service to market, I guess.
Clothes that don’t have sequins and bows and crap on them. Easier to find used clothing and other products! I hate buying new.
A wider variety of men who speak my language, including men who say, without a hint of irony, “Of course I’m a feminist!” and act accordingly.
Being able to contribute to discourse about interesting issues. I know there are people who talk about interesting things here- I just miss out because I don’t speak Chinese.
Knowing how to get things done without stepping on toes and committing faux pas.
My family. My friends.

But there are so many reasons I’m in Taiwan instead of America =) guess that’s a subject for another thread.[/quote]

Hardly seems appropriate for a Moderator to be posting in reply to a thread originated by a poster who’s been banned under 4 or 5 different identities.
I can’t help but feel that you aren’t really taking your responsibilities all that seriously.

Oh, and extra demerits for replying to such a banal boring-assed topic, on top of everything.
Pretty disappointing, over all.
:no-no:

[quote=“Rocket”][quote=“NonTocareLeTete”]Drier climate. Wall to wall carpeting. And though I know it’s not good for the environment, central A/C and heating. That’s what struck me last time I was home- it’s just so COMFORTABLE everywhere.
My family. My friends.

But there are so many reasons I’m in Taiwan instead of America =) guess that’s a subject for another thread.[/quote]

Hardly seems appropriate for a Moderator to be posting in reply to a thread originated by a poster who’s been banned under 4 or 5 different identities.
I can’t help but feel that you aren’t really taking your responsibilities all that seriously.

Oh, and extra demerits for replying to such a banal boring-assed topic, on top of everything.
:no-no:[/quote]

Shut it! I had two hours’ sleep and flew to taiwan after a three day bender. I need these head-injury threads to get my brain prepped for my hot date 2nite lolz.

Best of luck, Erm. And triple coffee!

As to what I miss, aside from my family:

Untitled by Bolita5, on Flickr

Plantains

.facebook_-2105438963 by Bolita5, on Flickr

Typical lunch

.facebook_2116620141 by Bolita5, on Flickr

Beef with onions

.facebook_1411314051245 by Bolita5, on Flickr
And the mountains

Friends, family, hobbys and climate

Cheap golf.
Dirt roads.
Space.
LAKES.

[quote=“Rocket”][quote=“NonTocareLeTete”]Drier climate. Wall to wall carpeting. And though I know it’s not good for the environment, central A/C and heating. That’s what struck me last time I was home- it’s just so COMFORTABLE everywhere.
My family. My friends.

:unamused:
S’all I got for ya, rocky.

Fish and Chips
Fish Burgers
Mince Pies
Friends
Family
Wide open space with a lot of greenery
The desire to grow vegetables

Dry climate, Central AC/heating system, bookstores and libraries, clean bathrooms, clean air, clean cities…

Good beer, nice things to smoke, jaded women, salads, beans, farmers, the sounds of silence. Cops that smile, espresso in a stop-off, clear instructions, pine cones, and sharp dressed ladies.
And last, but most certainly not least, folks that truly appreciate Star Wars, Episode IV.

But, as we all know, we can’t always get what we want.
In the meantime:

• cheap vegetables and fruit and milk
  • legums
  • as pointed above, dirt roads
  • nice houses
  • nice streets
  • classic or traditional arquitecture
  • a few people
  • my mountain bike and… dirt roads where to ride it

[quote=“NonTocareLeTete”][quote=“Rocket”][quote=“NonTocareLeTete”]Drier climate. Wall to wall carpeting. And though I know it’s not good for the environment, central A/C and heating. That’s what struck me last time I was home- it’s just so COMFORTABLE everywhere.
My family. My friends.

S’all I got for ya, rocky.[/quote]

I believe you.

PS Me, I’m Rocket.
Me cousin is Rocky

[quote=“Rocket”][quote=“NonTocareLeTete”][quote=“Rocket”][quote=“NonTocareLeTete”]Drier climate. Wall to wall carpeting. And though I know it’s not good for the environment, central A/C and heating. That’s what struck me last time I was home- it’s just so COMFORTABLE everywhere.
My family. My friends.

S’all I got for ya, rocky.[/quote]

I believe you.

PS Me, I’m Rocket.
Me cousin is Rocky[/quote]

Oh. You don’t like it when I call you Rocky?

• Violent crime
  • Junkies
  • A 45% unemployment rate
  • Bribery, extortion and graft
  • Car hijackings
  • Rhino and elephant poaching
  • Obesity
  • An inflation rate of 6.5%
  • Racism
  • Tons of red meat and fat
  • Zimbabwe as a neighbor
  • Bryan Adams and Rodriquez tours