What do YOU miss about your home country~

affordable cars in the US…cars are 2x the price here.

clean water and air
quiet places
long stretch in the day in summers
country food
family and friends
ancient stuff
easygoing conversations not fixated on where Im from
music, music, music

[quote=“Ermintrude”]The dog, my sister, the food, shopping,
Superking
[/quote]

I’m not familiar with superking; I’ve never superked before.

OK, after feeling today sick (heavy breathing or something), I also miss CLEAN air. I’m breathing gas shit in this country.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”][quote=“Ermintrude”]The dog, my sister, the food, shopping,
Superking
[/quote]

I’m not familiar with superking; I’ve never superked before.[/quote]

You simply haven’t lived, baby!

I can honestly say I miss nothing from Taiwan aside from being younger when I was there. :smiley:

I miss nice wide open spaces. I felt so relaxed when I was at home.

Really nice sporting events. Baseball isn’t bad here but I went to some great minor league games. Never mind college sports and all of the other sports. Right now I’m dreaming of a bicycle trip across the US hitting up all kinds of random sporting events. So many cool things.

The love and care for quality and cleanliness. Those I miss the most.

[quote=“superking”][quote=“Hokwongwei”][quote=“Ermintrude”]The dog, my sister, the food, shopping,
Superking
[/quote]

You simply haven’t lived, baby!

I can honestly say I miss nothing from Taiwan aside from being younger when I was there. :smiley:[/quote]
What about the remarkably cheap, used utensils, that expats sell off frequently? :howyoudoin:

[quote=“Hokwongwei”][quote=“Ermintrude”]The dog, my sister, the food, shopping,
Superking
[/quote]

Neither have I but my nipples perk each time I read one of his posts so perhaps I’m halfway there.

:astonished:

[quote=“antarcticbeech”][quote=“Hokwongwei”][quote=“Ermintrude”]The dog, my sister, the food, shopping,
Superking
[/quote]

Neither have I but my nipples perk each time I read one of his posts so perhaps I’m halfway there.

:astonished:[/quote]

Over halfway!

Shiadoa, we have “World of spoons,” and “Spoon Land.” You can find them in the Spoon Zone.

At first I wasn’t sure, but after a few days in LA, here it is:

1. People who are nice, I walked through a mall and a few random strangers would greet me. Some would help if for example you need to open doors but your hands are full. In Taiwan they’d ignore you even if you ask for help.
  2. Drivers in the US don’t try to murder you.
  3. Cars are actually legally parked, and illegal street side parking is only limited to a few… and they are dealt with quickly.
  4. Rules are enforced here
  5. Cheap groceries
  6. Guns
  7. Churches that actually work, have decent amps for their worship team, etc. (and not filled with missionaries)
  8. Wide open spaces (depends on area… some parts of LA is just filthy)

As long as you don’t get shot by a cop.

Don’t give them an excuse.

Making tamales, not so much eating them, but making them is fun, gets the family together. lots of hand labor required.

.facebook_1417769785283 by Bolita5, on Flickr

And the Christmas air and Christmas spirit.