What do you think about Made in Taiwan?

What do you think about Made in Taiwan?

It is my belief that the quality standards of Taiwan items manufactured for domestic consumption are very low.
If it is on an item that I would not consider imminently expendable, I look for that item manufactured elsewhere.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]It is my belief that the quality standards of Taiwan items manufactured for domestic consumption are very low.
If it is on an item that I would not consider imminently expendable, I look for that item manufactured elsewhere.[/quote]

I have been working on this sentance for the last 5 minutes due to not wanting to get back to the work I really should be doing right now.

“I would not consider imminently expendable”

“Not right now sacrificable so I can look for it later”

The only thing I can think of is a hand grenade or some other form of munitions.

I don’t need to explode one now so I can look for a better quality one later. Is this right?

Anyway, I brought Taiwanese. I brought TECO. What a pile of dog droppings the AC units are.

As they build brand image maybe they will pay more attention to quality and customer satisfaction. ACER is an example where they are going in the right direction. GIANT cycles do really well. ( I think GIANT are Taiwan owned)

OP. what do you think about “Made in Taiwan”?

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]It is my belief that the quality standards of Taiwan items manufactured for domestic consumption are very low.
If it is on an item that I would not consider imminently expendable, I look for that item manufactured elsewhere.[/quote]

I have been working on this sentance for the last 5 minutes due to not wanting to get back to the work I really should be doing right now.

“I would not consider imminently expendable”

“Not right now sacrificable so I can look for it later”

The only thing I can think of is a hand grenade or some other form of munitions.

I don’t need to explode one now so I can look for a better quality one later. Is this right?

Anyway, I brought Taiwanese. I brought TECO. What a pile of dog droppings the AC units are.

As they build brand image maybe they will pay more attention to quality and customer satisfaction. ACER is an example where they are going in the right direction. GIANT cycles do really well. ( I think GIANT are Taiwan owned)[/quote]
Regarding air conditioner units:
I am preparing to buy one in the 7,000 btu range for the boys bedroom. His current one sounds like a C-130 cranking up for a Beirut take-off.
I will buy either a Carrier brand or a Japanese brand unit. These all range in the $8,000 NT range. The hardware/appliance store where we buy things like this have made it clear to the wife and I, as regular customers, that the Taiwan brands are not very well made. The pricing is about the same so its not like they are just trying to sell us a more expensive unit. Its just their honest opinion that based on their experience, the brands manufactured outside Taiwan are superior in quality and longevity.
I am certain there are some areas where some Taiwan manufacturers do put out a quality product. And I hope the number of these manufacturers increases.
But for now, it really is caveat emptor when you see that “Made in Taiwan” sticker.

I think it means something’s made in Taiwan. Your point, if you have one?

when I see something is Made In Taiwan I pay extra to buy it over the stuff made in China, I think in terms of quality its:

Japan>Korea>Taiwan>China>Vietnam>Laos