What do you want your country to have that's like Taiwan, or vice versa?

What do you want your country should have like taiwan?or taiwan should have like your country?

For my country : Taiwan’s public transportation .
For Taiwan: better work conditions, more paid vacations, better pension plans, sandy beaches, more Mediterranean food choices.

4 Likes

I prefer the weather here, but the pollution levels there

3 Likes

I’m gonna guess you’re not North American :grin:

1 Like

For my country: Cheap electric scooters and charging stations.

2 Likes

Im not :). the system in my hone country is different and more user friendly compared to TW.
You start with 14 vacation days a year, and after 5 years you get additional days per each year of service. Companies can also choose to change the system if they like . one of my work places gave everyone fixed 18 annual days, regardless of seniority in the company.
but its more a question of mindset than vacation days. there is very little flexibility here in the work place whch i miss

2 Likes

Sounds fairly similar to Taiwan’s system.

same same, but different…
i find the TW system very stingy towards entry level employees, and as a result people look for ways to “cheat” the system where they can: e.g. using sick days in lieu of annual leave, women using their menstruation leave (with the period always being on a Friday or a Monday…)

2 Likes

For my country: Taiwan’s public transport. Not overly policed. Work-life balance, bit controversial and differs person to person but for me Taiwan is much better. Going out on the weekend not costing a fortune.

For Taiwan: government services being fair and easily accessible online. Service staff being well trained (both public and private services). University degrees not being a prerequisite for entry level jobs. Removal of crazy red tape.

3 Likes

One year you already get a full week.

Two years you get two weeks if you include weekends.

Public safety.

Real Doritos without wack seafood flavors sold in most stores.

3 Likes

Do they still have Cool Ranch in the real world?

1 Like

Yes, but I prefer original.

1 Like

im well aware of the system here, i just dont think it is as good as my home country. Id prefer to start with 14 days off than with 7.

1 Like

Hah we all prefer that.

Health care, public transportation, lower theft rate

Right to bear arms, proper freedom of speech, increased diversity, stronger sense of identity based on shared ideals rather than ethnicity, trials by juries, proper sidewalks, better code enforcement (for things like road safety, food Safety, fire safety, employment rights, etc)

2 Likes

Really?

7 Likes

Yes, I think it would do a lot to deter a Chinese invasion

2 Likes

They do that in the USA. I personally don’t.

Really?

I think it would bring out a load of wankers who roam about in little armies, ie: Trump supporters White House.

2 Likes