What does 穿著西裝在改西裝 mean?

I’ve watched this video

and there is the term 穿著西裝在改西裝 in this sentence:

「我們目前全面在做施工,事實上這是一個明挖覆蓋(工法),最基本是要維持鐵路的營運,所可以比喻說是穿著西裝在改西裝。」

Can anybody tell me what this means?

They are building underground tracks without disruption to current train operations.

Make modifications to the suit while you are wearing it.

Means it will be a difficult job.

This is similar to “changing tires while driving”, meaning it is very difficult if not impossible.

I know they wrote it like this when they quoted the guy: 穿著西裝在改西裝
But to me it would make more sense if it were written: 穿著西裝[color=#FF0000]再[/color]改西裝 (While wearing a suit, still going ahead and altering it).

The Taiwanese often mix up 再 and 在 when typing; along with 是/事, it’s the most common Chinese typo in my experience.

When I google the phrase, “zai” tends to be omitted entirely: 穿著西裝改西裝. This is how the anchor said it at the beginning of the report.

[quote=“Chris”]I know they wrote it like this when they quoted the guy: 穿著西裝在改西裝
But to me it would make more sense if it were written: 穿著西裝[color=#FF0000]再[/color]改西裝 (While wearing a suit, still going ahead and altering it).
[/quote]

It seems to me that “在” suggests simultaneous action here.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Chris”]I know they wrote it like this when they quoted the guy: 穿著西裝在改西裝
[/quote]

It seems to me that “在” suggests simultaneous action here.[/quote]

I agree. Standard “Taiwanese Mandarin.”

Ah, great, thanks for the answers. This helps me a lot :slight_smile: