What does your buxiban charge for kids classes?

For 2 hour-class twice per week, how much does your buxiban charge for kids classes for 12 weeks?

• Less than NT$6000
  • NT$6000
  • NT$6500
  • NT$7000
  • NT$7500
  • NT$8000
  • NT$8500
  • NT$9000
  • More than NT$9000

0 voters

I’m trying to get a feel for current pricing expectations in the marketplace…

We are located in Taipei County…
We currently charge 6500 per kid for 36 hours at 12 weeks x 2 x 90 minutes classes.
and
7500 per kid per 48 hours at 12 weeks x 2 x 120 minutes.
both with breaks.

What is your school charging? Do you reckon your pricing is high/moderate/low compared to the others in your area?

I’m trying to figure out what the chain schools charge as well as the non-system schools…

If you want to share, it’d be great…

Kenneth

OK. I’ve voted … I do think our school is relatively less expensive than Taipei City, but … our classes are much smaller and we are a little pricy in our neighborhood, I think. I would love to know what other’s pricing is like, esp.

Kojen-ELSI
Jordan’s
Sesame Street
Giraffe
Joy
Columbia’s School
etc.

So, if you’ll share. Once I have the results, I will compile a summary.

What no takers for my poll, or is too late? :whistle:

If you have a Taiwanese partner - or just use a friend - get them to phone around and ask. They can pretend they have a kid they want to send to English class.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know also.

I work at a junior high school.

Mine doesn’t apply, as there are ten hours of classes per week. The charge is about 12K a month, it’s located in Taipei city and it isn’t a chain school.

I think Hess charged about 9K for twelve weeks at four hours of class per week two years ago when I worked there.

a lot of schools won’t give you a quote over the phone, they make you show up, some kid in tow to prevent competition ( or hinder) from getting insider info

So you borrow someone’s kid or send your relatives along.

So what do the current rates look like?

1 Like

If you make a new poll, I suggest the bottom at under 8k and the top much higher

The suggestion to call around to the chains is a good one. I don’t know what my employer charges students, and I umagine at least some other Forumosans don’t actually have the info you want

Are you thinking of private tutoring by yourself?

2 Likes

17800 for 48 two hour classes(6 months) So about 9000 for 12 weeks if you want to compare to the original poll.

Another 3.5k for books.

One class a week is with a foreign teacher, one is with a Taiwanese teacher.

It hasn’t gone up much at all. They changed from charging every three months to every 6 but the money works out similar.

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking about just finding my own clients because I want more time to focus on my PhD studies

Interesting! Thanks for the insight I appreciate it. Interesting the prices didn’t go up with inflation

Edit: this seems so low. it would take 23 students to cover the lower end salary of a single teacher (assuming that teacher makes 70,000 a month)

Surprised me too when I saw the latest request for payment. With the combining of levels ( two three month levels becoming one six month level) the classes have more students in now so I guess that is how they are able to keep prices the same.

1 Like

But that teacher would only be teaching four hours a week.

That is the price for a four hour a week class.

For the ones that study English every day, and stay to complete homework, it is more.

Oh duh because they’re only 2 hour blocks. I still think it’s lower than I thought

1 Like

That might be a better question: what do peopls charge for their private clients

I haven’t done it in Taiwan, my rate would start at 1000NT, and up depending on the gig

1 Like