What Foreign Pre-paid SIM Cards Can Receive a Text Here?

Does anyone know what prepaid foreign sim cards can work here, at least to receive a text, without having to register for roaming. Receiving a text is all that’s needed, I don’t need calls, internet, or anything else. I need them in bulk, but as we know you have to register for each one in Taiwan and keep a minimum balance.

I need it for a thing.

I’m not clear. Do you want pre-paid SIM cards from up to 195 countries in the world with local phone numbers in those countries and that work in Taiwan?

Yes. Wherever the SIMs can be got are cheap and shipped to Taiwan. Preferably Europe or Asia. I’ve heard those from Bosnia work internationally for this, but aren’t as cheap as others.

Okay how about this. A place in Taiwan that sells SIM cards from nearly every country and region in the world. Highlight REGION might work better for your cause.

1.You buy the card
2. You tell them when to turn it on. You don’t need to actually arrive in that country for it to start working.
3. You can continue to load it and keep it active and active life may be different for each one six months or a year or longer.

I’m not sure that’s what I need. I just want to stick the SIM in a phone, get a text, and take it out. Like I used to live in the Philippines and I could go to the mall and get 100 SIMs for US$1 each. If I could use them here, that would be great, but each SIM needs to have a certain balance and you have to send a text from each one to use it abroad. I need SIMs that just work.
Also, it doesn’t need to be from a Taiwan seller. I just need to know which ones work here. I can get someone from within the country to send them to me.

Bonus points if anyone can figure out how to get a Korean SIM card that can receive texts here and doesn’t expire as long as funds are added.

I need it for a thing too.

OK so for example you want to know which prepaid SIMs like from Globe or Smart work while you’re in Taiwan to receive a text?

Other countries also?

I wonder if there’s one source of information. Might have to check with each country.

Just want to bump this because I really need to know. I’m thinking of ordering a bunch from the UK, but it’s not cheap and I don’t want to waste money.

What on Earth do you want them for? Somehow I think they are not for legitimate reasons.

As far I’ve seen, asking as roaming is turned on and there is credit, you can use it like a normal Sim, just more expensive to send and call. Depending on country, receiving should be free, it was for Telstra Sim in Taiwan, but I think the US types charge when receiving?

Telstra is Australian? Is roaming automatically activated or do you have to do it in the country? Do you need id to register for a sim or can you buy then in bulk? For how much?

As for why, nothing illegal.

Aerobile near Taipei Main Station?

Not sure what that is, but it’s foreign SIMs I’m asking about. Specially, which can receive a text in Taiwan.

How about asking on this forum?

They’ve got lots of those.

Aerobile sells foreign SIMs? That’s a small niche, but I might try to find it.

Just checked. Aerobile is easy overpriced. I can import 20 SIMs for the price they charge for one. I think those are for use abroad anyway, so it doesn’t help with knowing what works in Taiwan.

Aerobile has SIMs for the whole world. I’ve used them for USA and Europe a few times. They work as soon as the plane lands in another country and they are reloadable.

I’ve never tried to use one of those after I returned to Taiwan.

I’m guessing any SIM from another country has to be turned on and used for the first time in that country.

Philippines for example. If you buy a SIM in Philippines can you bring it to Taiwan and turn it on the first time?

No, roaming has to be activated. To do that, there has to be a certain balance. Philippine SIMs are a non-starter.

Some foreign SIMs can be automatically used outside their own country. I know SIMs from the UK can be used abroad, and Bosnia and Herzegovina. But not in all countries. Just don’t know about Taiwan.