What game are you playing?

Looool, well technically this is the 3rd Red Dead game. Red Dead Revolver was the first.

I got a disc version. When I really like a game I like to have a physical disc even though it’s lame putting the disc in when you want to play, but I doubt I will take the disc out.

And that’s putting my PlayStation next to the router. My WiFi router has literally a range of 10 feet. I’m not joking.

My old apartment in Taiwan suckered me into paying a yearly subscription for “100meg” internet for $3000ntd.
I thought it was such a good deal, 4.5x cheaper than changwa. My phone couldn’t even connect to the routers wifi.
The internet seemed to have “busy” times, it was so god damn slow on the weekends.
My online multiplayer games would DC pretty often.

First thing I did when I moved out was get changwa 100meg for 1100ntd a month.

I got the best package, fiber optics 100mbps from surprise surprise the only internet provider. Slower than in my internet in Taiwan that’s only 50mbps.

4g is faster than my internet.

Welcome to my life in South Africa.
One telecoms company. Telkom
One power company. Eskom
One rail company. Transnet
One postal company. South African Post Office
One major local airline company. South African Airways

All government owned or the government is a major shareholder and can bail them out whenever they want which means they won’t work harder to bring better products/services to the customer.

The government heads of these sectors all stealing money for them and their families.

Taiwan #1 :smiley:

What I don’t understand is on paper, the diagnostics test all give good upload and download speeds. But it’s so slow and cuts on and off all the time.

The shit company I had, they told me they can only guarantee 100meg for Taiwanese websites and when he said that I just gave up.

There is literally a google data center IN TAIWAN why were the youtube videos so slow???

Asia:

The internet speed in Korea…its to dream for. So fast.

I wanted 300meg but they said my building is too old :confused: 100meg is the fastest…bleh.

My dad pays about 50 bucks a month for 1 TB download and upload speeds in Colorado. It’s crazy fast!

wtf that’s an epic deal

Got Red Dead Redemption 2 pre-loaded on the XBOX ONE X and ready to go. I don’t know how I feel about it. I bought the Special Edition for $2594. That’s a lot of money for a game. I don’t think I would have paid it if it wasn’t a Rockstar game.

The first PS4 Spider-Man DLC drops today. Considering how cheap the game was, the amount of content is great. Just hope it doesn’t suck.

I seriously thought I could pre-load if I bought the disc version but you can’t. Super bummed, guess I can only play it Saturday as 100gb will take the night to DL.

If you bought the disc version, won’t most of the game just install from disc? I’ve been reading it’s 2 discs to hold the entire thing. Shouldn’t take too long.

My pre-load was only 88GB for some reason. Also, there doesn’t seem to be a countdown on the XBOX like there is on the PS4.

Disc is just a key to play the game. It will still download onto your systems drive.

But it’ll copy from the disc instead of downloading it from the PSN, right?

The only disc-based games I have for the PS4 are Killzone and Disney Infinity… so my experience is limited. I always said I wouldn’t go completely digital but then I did.

Archival Disc systems will launch in summer 2015, with the first versions featuring 300GB of storage capacity–that’s 6X the capacity of current 50GB Blu-rays. Sony will expand recording capacity per disc to 500GB and 1TB sometime later, though specific timing was not announced.

Okay, technology has come a long way lol.

But I asked the store owner, and he said the disc is like a key. I wanted to play off my system, to cut down load times of the machine reading off the disc.

Does it play the game off the disc or off the system?
I installed Gran Turismo Sport off the disc and that was like 88GB.