What game are you playing?

I didn’t reas the thread, but by seeing the title I imagined seas of ‘Pokémon go’ from twnese. Was walking by the Daan park in one of the intersections and there were people with 2-3 phones each, lots of people trying to catch or whatever it is the Pokémon.

The graphics in Shadow of the tomb raider is disappointing. It’s not horrible…but looks like something that came out 4-5 years ago. Characters look very mediocre. Maybe even worse than rise of the tomb raider if that’s possible. I’m playing on a PS4 pro on a good HDR TV as well.

That game actually has its own thread.

1 Like

I haven’t played spiderman yet

That’s because Obsidian Entertainment was the developer for New Vegas.

There’s a Devil May Cry 5 demo on the Xbox. I decided to give it a go. It’s not that different to 1 to 4, except that you have this weird hand thing that gives you an extra power. Also you can change the camera angle. It was fine as a small demo but I wouldn’t buy it.

Still on Chapter 3 of Read Dead Redemption 2. I mostly just hang around, go fishing, hunting, and do whatever random activities pop up. Play missions every now and then.

I want to get Spider-Man. Now. People have been saying it’s GOY material if it wasn’t for red dead.

Spider-Man is good. Worth extra for the DLC too. It’s not a very difficult game though, if that’s your thing.

But Red Dead didn’t even win Game of the Year. God of War won it.

Spiderman was on sale recently, check the online store.

I prefer leisure games these days. Just for fun

Great game. It probably deserves it but I think if Red Dead had come out earlier, it may have been able to take it out.

Red Dead did win several awards, still. The voice actor for Arthur Morgan won for best performance or something like that.

It’s probably the “NICE TO MEET YA!” when you catch a fish that clinched the victory for him.

Glad they got some recognition. It was a good year for games. Also a terrible year with all the battle royale, “we’re not doing single player stories anymore!”, “don’t you guys have phones?” and lootbox bullcrap.

I figured it was his “Hey Mister” or “Yer a good boah”.

1 Like

I may cave and buy a Switch to play Smash. I checked US Amazon and it’s 500USD for the Smash bundle, but only 300USD here on Shopee. I’m a bit hesitant as I know I need to buy an extra controller and adapter to use the Gamecube controller, no way am I using Switch controllers to play.

Anyone else playing?

I haven’t bought a console since Xbox 360, but I figured it would be a nice Christmas present to myself.

I am playing with the joycons in handheld mode lol, I never played SSB before so I don’t know any different. Just been playing single player mode (called spirits) which is like an RPG element to the game apparently.

It is loads of fun. Stardew valley also had multiplayer come out yesterday, so get 2 switches and play with your gf/wife, it’s a fun game.

Also, get Zelda and play it on your TV, that is a kick ass game!

1 Like

I’m almost ready to hop on over to Taipei Main Station underground mall after work and pick up everything all at once.

Boss man gave us off from the 21st to the 7th. This might be the opportunity to catch up to my friends in the states and actually get a chance to play with them.

Get a carry case for your switch, a USB charging cable and screen protector to stick on the screen.

The dock can scratch your screen, bad design.

100-200NT investment. I’m not phased.

However, 2000NT for the Gamecube controller. I’m kind of meh about it.

Like the original controller?

They made a new one for smash bros, I think it’s around 800nt.

Man, I came from the world of SEGA and then PS1 >>> onwards.

Wish I had Nintendo as a kid, just had a gameboy color and played some lame 64 in 1 cartridge.