What game are you playing?

Mmmmm, not really. We can talk about them. The rules say we can’t promote them. Bit of a grey area but one that leaves a lot of space for conversation on the topic (and a fairly harmless one).

Try Apex Legends. It’s new, shiny, better than PUBG, and I’m obsessed with it. It’s also free!

I hate these kind of games lol.

1 Like

Ditto, just another battle royale.

I’ve been playing Anthem. I like the gameplay. Destiny 2 turned me into a looter shooter fan. I enjoy the rpg aspect of leveling your character and gear.

I’ve been put off of EA games. The loot boxes nonsense is just ruining games.

Well, yeah, but a better one!

I enjoy how bad I am at them, and that I can see gradual progress.

I played the demo, flight felt cool but the rest was a bit iffy. I think it comes with Origin Access Premiere so i’ll give it a shot a few months down the track after they patch a million things in.

If you love loot shooters, give Division 2 a shot!

Cities Skylines. It was on sale for Chinese New Year and I can vicariously try to fix all the traffic problems in Taiwan (so far, I’ve been unsuccessful).

1 Like

@the_bear - my bad, didn’t know that was a no no in these parts (am still new).

I like getting phat loots. Random loots have been around for a long time.

The only thing you can purchase in Anthem with real money is cosmetics. Nothing performance wise. There are still several bugs/glitches, almost like it’s an Alpha release. But they are listening to the community and will be bringing updates/fixes to some QoL changes fairly quickly. I’m still enjoying it for now and like flying around the gorgeous world like Ironman.

Can you download Taipei as a city on skylines?

Just fresh out of a few hours of the open beta of Division 2, more of the same of the latest version of Div 1 (the release of the game vs. its current iteration is vastly different), and its great. I don’t like the setting as much, much more greens as opposed to NYC in D1, but lots of loot to get, the end game seem more fleshed out, 8 people RAID?! Cautiously optimistic now for its release in 1.5 wks.

I’m a bit late to the Baldur’s Gate enhanced editions party. Finally got it last week and started playing it today. My last playthrough must have been 6+ years ago but it’s still so familiar.
The good old “start the game -> exit the keep -> encounter a wolf -> the whole party gets wiped out”…I missed it so much.

I’m curious to play the new expansions, there’s one that narrates the events between BG1 and BG2, so that will be completely new for me.

I looked and there are several maps. I meant more like fix traffic issues in general. Imagine if there were scooters in the game :expressionless:

1 Like

I’m debating giving Metro Exodus a try, but unfortunately you can’t buy it on Steam. You have to buy it from Epic Games Store, which I know nothing about. Apparently, Epic Games Store gives the developers a big cut of the sales so they agreed to make it exclusive to that store.

My uncle just got that game and said he really likes it. But, it’s also the most expensive game he’s bought. The cheapest version on the PS4 is 2500 NT.

There’s an enhanced edition? I just played one of the old ones co-op with a friend. I think it was Dark Alliance?

Anyway it was super fun but also so insanely stupid, which actually kind of made it more fun. I’ll never forget that ridiculous boss fight with the orb that summoned a horde of skeletons that you first had to destroy, and then run up to the orb and bop it madly before it summoned another group. Rinse and repeat for 20-25 minutes before the orb finally blows up. Dumbest boss fight of my life. But we still had an awesome time playing.

The game started running slow as hell after a bit though. It became unplayable the further we progressed. Why didn’t the corpses disappear??? Strange choices…

Far Cry 5 was on special last month so I finally grabbed it. Very cool game. I find it less overwhelming than a few of the other Far Cry games I’ve played, you can pretty much go through the whole thing at your leisure. Do the missions you want, when you want.

There are 3 to 4 regions that are taken over by cult members that you can reclaim back. Essentially, the story only progresses when you earn a certain number or experience points. The story of a cult that’s taken over a small region of the US is interesting too.

Dark alliance is a very different kind of game, though . The original BG games are closer to the modern Pillars of Eternity. The enhanced editions are major overhauls that make the games look better and run properly on modern computers and they add some content.

The first BG even in its enhanced form looks dated, but the second one has aged more gracefully.

Pre-order launch is tonight for Division 2! Hit me up if you’re going to be playing in the coming weeks.

Here’s to a smooth launch…

Edit: On PC!