What goes through the mind of the average Taiwanese people when seeing a foreigner?

Haha I often get accused of being an American. Then I tell them I’m from Europe etc.

Then a minute later I’ll get ‘you Americans’…I guess I really look American or sumfing.

Or else those people are really really dumb. Take your pick.

More than I do, apparently. Maybe I should try applying for one of those Italian ancestral passports.

Is that a thing? I could qualify

It is. I’d sure do it if I qualified.

https://conssanfrancisco.esteri.it/consolato_sanfrancisco/en/i_servizi/per_i_cittadini/cittadinanza/citizenship-by-descent.html

I’m in Cat 4

I hear there’s a lot of red tape involved, but you should go for it.

@_Lilith dad does that for people if you ever want to follow through.

1 Like

How about people who look Italian (to Taiwanese people)? :grin:

Idk about that. But it shouldn’t be too hard to move there if you have some money to live on. There’s more and more laws in the works to encourage people to move there like no taxes for a few years or tax deductibles, especially in the south where people are all moving away. Lots of 1 euro houses as well.

1 Like

milker thinks…

reality:

5 Likes

Watermelon Speedos? Sign me up!

Definitely something to think about, although I’m not a fan of hot weather. Maybe I could winter there.

• wai guo ren. this one is usually a spoken out loud thought.
  • scared to speak english
  • can’t use chopsticks
  • why did they come to taiwan, taiwan is shit
  • english teacher
  • back home loser
  • must bang girls all day long / taiwan girls EZ
  • yang chang
7 Likes

On a mummy?

Listen carefully, it’s mei guo ren mostly.

nope. people do ask me if i’m american, but when just stating that they saw a foreigner its usually wai guo ren.

1 Like

Thanks but I’m not pursuing a law career in England. I have other business to attend to.

To the OP, I think it’s because you’re probably good-looking. If you’re just average I doubt that ppl would keep staring at you unless you live in the countryside.

Or you look like a boat. If you’re 300 lbs or above, you’re bound to get attention.

He’s French, not American, so that’s not possible.

1 Like