What goes through the mind of the average Taiwanese people when seeing a foreigner?

I’ve had people try to take pictures of my daughter before. It’s not happened for years, though. It may be something subconscious I’m doing that nips it in the bud.

I feel like taiwanese go out of their way to ignore everything, including the foreigner.

They like to play it cool.

I do get this more than being the center of attention. They are usually terrified of having to speak English.

Baby, you are SO money, and you don’t even know it…

1 Like

1 Like

Oh, BS.
A little tiny miniature retarded half-Chinese girl with massively humongous pipes??

Half the girls I see on the MRT look like that.

3 Likes

Approach at your own risk.

7 Likes

Definitely. I was with a girl in KL and she was wearing a skirt. Not super short or anything (the skirt I mean, the girl herself was slightly shortassed) and the sons of the soil were oggling their eyes out

It’s not that youre not handsome, it’s just that you have a presence that “commands respect” and so they dont photograph :slight_smile: I get asked for photographs a lot, but I seem to command as much respect here as a 5 year old girl sigh.

Isn’t smoking banned on the MRT?

I’ve done it. It was mostly bring this, sign that, several times. I did it before they instituted a €300 fee.

@Hanna’s peeps…

4 Likes

I guess it helps if you’re actually Italian. :sunglasses:

Certainly does.

Marrying an Italian grants it to you if you marry him/her for 3 years outside Italy and 2 inside.

Sounds good, but my wife may take issue with that one.

1 Like

Andrew ?

Is that her school picture?
She looks…confident, salut.

2 Likes

IDK if I really need a Italian citizenship, the only place i’d probably work in Europe is the U.K and i’m not sure what the terms of Brexit will be for EU passport holders. I already have 2, might be annoying to have 3 if it doesn’t add much value.

It doesnt really add to the hassle TBH. Its there when you want and out of the way when you dont. Its not like The States where you gotta file taxes. They are an outlier. Also, most northern eu countries speak almost perfect English. It opens doors while not closing any. Definitely would recommend. 10/10

hehe

1 Like

Not necessarily. They speak it much better than Southern Europeans but they usually have an accent.

But I wouldn’t consider an “accent” to be an indicator of skill. I would consider grammar, vocab used, syntax and understanding of the subtleties of English to be better indicators.

1 Like